ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat back Vs Standard system

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi i have a 172cup with a decat on the standard exhaust was just wondering if there is much point in getting a cat back or wether to just find a decent back box? is the stock centre pipe very restrictive? also can anyone reccomend a cat back or back box they have used. cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Any Yozzasport system is the way to go really, failing that there are others available, the Ktec (semi) Stealth system is popular.

Coupe/Defender V8
here is an idea for you, previous owner replaced the standard system cat back on mine 2 years ago - when I bought the car the back box had rusted itself off

106GTI / NovaC20LET
it will fall apart at so some point, so i'd change it

centre section seems new to be honest must of been changed before i bought the car will easily last a few years, is there much diffrence flow wise from standard centre pipe compared to a yozza 1? cos if not im tempted to just get a backbox

106GTI / NovaC20LET
im just after a exhaust note lol my induction kit gives a overpowering front end noise, dont get my wrong sounds gorgeous but wouldnt mind a few pops and some sound when cruising

106GTI / NovaC20LET
i do want a cat back but money might force me to get a back box. Think it will still pop with standard centre section and decat if i put a decent straight thru back box on?

Black Ph2 172
Hi mate,

I have gone from k-tec steatlh to standard and to be honest although the move was financial I now prefer the standard system! No difference in performance at all!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I run a standard system de catted. Suits me tbh! Had the experience of x2 Ktec stealths and imo they are anything but (loud). My money would probably go to a Yozza/BTB Stealth :)

Oh, and imo you will not gain feck all changing systems for a performance gain. I've had a few over the years. Magnex, KTR Stealth, prospeed on my old Cup, Milltek and BTB on my 182. They may help a little, but nothing worth while. Although made from kitkat wrappers, the standard unit is good for power imo. Some customs jobbies will lose you power too!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
cheers guys, think im just gonna get a new back box for my standard system seen a nice 3 inch slash cut that i quite like