ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

castrol edge 5w-30 fully synthetic

Black Clio GT
5w 30 is thinner but not by much, might burn off abit quicker i used to go through a litre every 1000 miles in my stg2 golf gti

clio 172 cup
thing is got it all for free so saved me bit of dollar.. but if its not gonna do the engine any good not gonna put it in. :(

53 Clio's & counting
its not that, the numbers mean different temp ratings, a 5 w40 is what Renault say it should have, and to be honest mate the cost of oil ( 5 ltrs will be about £45) really isnt much and it will last you 10k till your next oil change, so £45 for 10,000 miles is still pretty good ;)

Polo + Micra
if i didn't already have loads of oil i would of had it off you so you could get some 5w40

SAE40 is the recommended viscosity, SAE30 is a bit on the thin side but you can use it. It is commonly used to try and get better MPG.

Cheers

Guy