ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car's Doing My Head Innnnnn

Mk3 Clio
MK3 clio

i hit a kerb going round a right corner at about 40mph and damaged alot of things

i have replaced so far :

strut
lower arm
drive shaft
drop link

and it is still not sitting right the wheel is pushing out the way at the top and pushing in the way at the bottom of the wheel

enyone got eny ideas or have been in this mess before ???

Lots of Alfas
Positive camber. Was the lower arm defiantly replaced? Has the subframe been checked? Or it could be possible hub/bearing/strut damage.

Mk3 Clio
2 morro morning i will check the lower arm is the correct one and size..

but i fear that the subframe could be kinked or damaged how much u reckon this should cost ?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Depends how much you can source a second hand subframe for mate! Fitting is a bit of a ballache, but quite straight forward.

2 morro morning i will check the lower arm is the correct one and size..

but i fear that the subframe could be kinked or damaged how much u reckon this should cost ?

Sub frame for a Mk3. I'm guessing a lot around 100 - 200 ??
but cant be sure. I'm not sure if Josh (Cliospares) is breaking Mk3's yet but try him out.

When you hit the curb did you have your wheels turned? When I did a similar thing at a similar speed through skidding on black ice I needed a new steering rack.

Mk3 Clio
my wheel was full lock to the right and bounced of the kerb at a force

there was no steering rack damage i was just having a think in the bath there and i think the hub could be bent because if a hit the kerb at that force and knocked the bottom of the wheel in the way quite possible

i have allready spent £350 on renault parts (discount)

absolute killer all my fault thoo

Mk3 Clio
aw right a get ye know on the mk3s the strut bolts onto the hub by 2 bolts poor design i think