ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car's Acting Up

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hey guys,

Erm, I don't know if I'll be able to explain this extremely well -

For about a week now, every time at a certain amount of revs (around 2.5 - 3k) the car starts to jolt a bit. It's not an extreme movement, but it's like the clutch slips or something because it's like the revs aren't reaching the driveshaft - like something is slipping.

It's not my clutch though because when it does feel like it's slipping, the revs don't jump right up (like you would when you clutch kick).

Then lastnight, driving home on the freeway doing 90 (km/h, im an Aussie) It's doing it again, so i think to myself 'Eh, i'll just get the revs higher so it doesn't do it anymore'. So I reach about 105km/h and it just stops accelerating all together.
All you 172 owners must know that even at about 100kms it picks up pretty well and gets to about 130 easy peasy. Well not lastnight it was hanging around 105km/h - foot to the floor.

So I've started getting really worried.

I don't even know where to begin with this issue.

Spark plugs? They were supposed to be changed last service (about 3000 kms ago) but they weren't because they 'were alright'. I don't know what it is and I'm starting to get worried. I'm scared to drive my car in case I do some serious damage to it somehow!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I just want to get this fixed im dying to go for a drive!

Cheers