ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carpro Hydr02

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
In response to earlier interest in the newly released Hydr02, i though i would post a mini review as i received a test sample.
This new product from Carpro is basically a wash off sealant. Its hard to categorise as this is pretty unique i suppose. Its made up similar to C.Quartz sealants except its the ultimate in ease! (not that their ceramic sealants are hard to apply!)

So the small sample arrived- 50ml

IMG_0692_zpsac425899.jpg

for the purpose of the test i used as directed by Andy at Carpro, mixed 3:1

Test car is the wifes shed focus, hasnt been washed for 2+ month. I washed the car with a strong mix of apc as one, it was rotten.com and two i wanted to remove any protection that might be on it-not alot!

Please bare in mind, this car isnt some garage queen, i havent even had a chance to correct the paint, so its you normal everyday car.
So this is its water behavour pre- Hydr02. Basically the water just clings to it like a limpet.

IMG_0693_zpsfb8604b8.jpg

So i made my way around the car spraying everything. It was a mare tbh as the wind was blowing like a b*****d but i just managed to coat it all on my sample. I then simply pressure washed off and this is what happened!

P1040736_zpsa345c6ab.jpg

Shocked to say the least, yet again Carpro lead the way! It beads and sheets like a proper ceramic sealant would. So simple and effective, it noticeably deepened the colour of the paint, revived and protected plastic trim and sealed the glass. Yet again Carpro have suprised me.

th_P1040737_zpsfbde7f3e.jpg

th_P1040738_zps2792f8d2.jpg

Now a couple of things to note, obviously i cannot comment on how long it lasts as ive only done it today, Carpro say 3 months.
The other slight thing i found is that i left water on the car for a time whilst i pissed about doing some other bits and when i dried it left some water marks. Now i might not have washed it off properly, but i would say to dry the car straight away. Try sheeting the water off with a open hose.
I will do further tests when i order a larger bottle, im hoping i could dilute it further down, but we will see.

For the sake of interest i left one door hydr02 less and instead sprayed Zaino Z8 to compare next time i wash it

But all in Hydr02 is mighy impressive stuff!

Chris
DetailMe

Interesting, Chris.

To add something to the debate/review/conversation, thoughts on this versus GT's C2? As that's something I swear by at the moment...

Golf GT & A4 Avant
99% of people I would imagine will still wipe down or dry after, I'm not sure what it is really saving over diluted C2/permanon for top ups on routine washes.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for posting up Chris. I'll update tonight my thread.

I don't get water spotting up here so to speak unless it's dust. Soft water but I suppose any beading will do that especially with no actual protection underneath.

Great little additional product. It's a tad expensive to use as a drying aid but if you were doing a big detail it would certainly make removing surface water easier before drying.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

After one week on an unwashed car. I'll fire the video in the stickied thread aswell Chris, hope you don't mind it in here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, I updated the thread aswell. My thread is in the projects section. :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not sure what size to order yet, I may just go for the litre as I reckon it'll be used a lot.