ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon splitter

Renault clio 1.2
So basically, my old splitter was all rough and scuffed, so instead of sanding, spraying ect, decided to wrap in carbon, Also cut the little pieces out of the gaps and replaced with some mesh i had lying around.
Would much appreciate some opinions on this?
Thanks Mckorley.
4545E337-6E62-46FA-95B9-AD6D490376E5-22588-0000068CCAE0C8EE.jpg

B7AC0A4D-8EB1-4DBD-9673-3819B93271B1-22588-0000068CBC9AE949.jpg

53A97BA7-186F-47BE-B1C4-F277228881C7-22588-0000068CAC2650F2.jpg

Excuse the dead flies and dirt!

Clio RS200 FF
Subtle. I like it. I've used the 3M carbon Di-noc vinyl on the edges of skirts and bumpers in the past to stop stone chips. It's pretty durable stuff.

Renault clio 1.2
Cheers! its so easy to use and can transform little parts. I've wrapped all my dash trims, door speaker covers and hazard pannel. Ran out of things to wrap now. haha.

Renault clio 1.2
Thanks! I dont love the stuff, but just thought it'd look better than the standard slats.. which IMO it does. :p

Renault clio 1.2
Everyone likes different things i guess, i personally preffer the mesh to the slats, but thats just me

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I quite like that tbh, but I agree with Knuckles on the chicken wire,
mesh is a good idea you just need something a bit better.

On the whole though it's a good effort mate. :approve:

Renault clio 1.2
Thanks! yes I wanted mesh with smaller holes in, but this was all i could find, If i come across something better suited, i will change it.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
no problem dude, spray paint needed, nice even light coats, 2-3 coats will do. painting on with a brush will leave you with paint blobs.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
i was about to post the ''spray the mesh black'' but you've done it lol.

looks much better like that

Renault clio 1.2
haha someone mentioned it and i cant believe i never thought of doing it at the time, but its done now, yes much better!