ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start

Megane 275 Trophy
Just purchased my first 182, have only had it 2 days and the problems start... 1st major problem is.- we can start it up... It seems that the wiring inside the car has got wet and the inmobiliser is always active... we have opened the HCU (thats what its called in spanish) and the circuit board is corroded and a couple of pins are black... Im not very mechanically minded so forgive the poor explanation... I could post some pictures if that helps.
Thanks !!
Luke

Megane 275 Trophy
Have now been told they can modify the HCU to bypass the inmobiliser... fingers crossed

Golf GTD Mk7
by hcu do you mean UCH, ie. the unit under/behind the glove box? Wouldnt get a new one as you would need to have it all recoded to the ECU/Keys. Cheaper to get a full second hand set of ecu/key/uch and it's a case of plug and play. Does it even crank?

Megane 275 Trophy
by hcu do you mean UCH, ie. the unit under/behind the glove box? Wouldnt get a new one as you would need to have it all recoded to the ECU/Keys. Cheaper to get a full second hand set of ecu/key/uch and it's a case of plug and play. Does it even crank?

Yeah thats it UCH... The thing is ECU has remap so I dont want to scrap that ECU... It trys to start but the inmobiliser light is always on so it turns 2-3 times and stops... etting prices for a new one back in the UK, Im sure it will be cheaper than over here...

Skoda Fabia vRS
your probably looking at £300-£400 over here for one supplied, fitted, and programmed

Golf GTD Mk7
your probably looking at £300-£400 over here for one supplied, fitted, and programmed

I was quoted £250 a few weeks back. That was just for the part.

If anything though, it might be worth borrowing a set off someone, just to check the UCH is the issue. Trust me, it could be anything.

Megane 275 Trophy

Im not too worried about the fitting and programming, the car is round my mates Renault garage and he doesnt charge me much....

Megane 275 Trophy
I was quoted £250 a few weeks back. That was just for the part.

If anything though, it might be worth borrowing a set off someone, just to check the UCH is the issue. Trust me, it could be anything.

They checked everything else, they spent hours trying to found what it could be, got the old laptop on it checking faults,etc... then they came to the conclusion it could only be the UCH... we had it sent off to be repaired and they said its unrepairable...

Megane 275 Trophy
After having purchased new UCH have just found out the ECU needs a looking at aswell, has obvoiusly got wet and is corroded...
Does anybody know anybody that deals with these kind of repairs, is it possible to get it repaired,etc... ?? Heres a few pics of the state of it...

13yjfvq.jpg

icjk04.jpg

2n1xkbl.jpg

63uovt.jpg

15gp4i9.jpg

Golf GTD Mk7
How on earth did you manage to get both wet? Get yourself a spare set mate. Will be easier and cheaper in the long run

Megane 275 Trophy
How on earth did you manage to get both wet? Get yourself a spare set mate. Will be easier and cheaper in the long run
I only bought the car a month ago... I havent even been able to start it since its been in Spain... My Dad had trouble starting it back in the UK...when I bought it I was told there was nothing wrong with it and then found this... The thing is Ie already bought the UCH (€320) & the ECU has been remapped so I dont really want to get a new set, te ideal thing would be to get this one repaired... but dunno if thats gonna be possible...

lift number 1 @ btm
I would have thought that repairing the ecu would also lose the map. Even if it was possible it looks like you'd need to change chips on the board.

Megane 275 Trophy
I would have thought that repairing the ecu would also lose the map. Even if it was possible it looks like you'd need to change chips on the board.
That would be a big downer if repairing the ECU loses the map... Any ideas of companies that do this kind of repairs ??
Thanks !!!

lift number 1 @ btm
Not sure I'm afraid, probably somewhere that can repair computers.
I'm assuming that the data is stored on the various chips, so if they are damaged you'll have lost that information.

Golf GTD Mk7
I think Henk does it, or knows someone that does. It would probably cost you more to get it fixed really. I know what you're saying though. Sell the uch and use that money to get the car remapped? Did you use the new uch or could you just return to Renault?

Megane 275 Trophy
I think Henk does it, or knows someone that does. It would probably cost you more to get it fixed really. I know what you're saying though. Sell the uch and use that money to get the car remapped? Did you use the new uch or could you just return to Renault?
Cant give the UCH back... Other thing is can I purchase a mapped ECU online and fit that ?? maybe cheaper than an original one from Renault (about €600)

Megane 275 Trophy
Has be taken to somebody for a good clean this weekend...we dont expect its gonna do much but its worth a try... :dapprove: