ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start

Clio mk1 rally :P
Hey.

i just finished changing my cambelt and valves
ive done everything to the book.

i tried to start the car but now it just turns over and doesnt fire...

any one got any ideas???

Go back to basics. Make sure you've conected everything, then make sure you've got a spark, air, fuel and compression.

take them out and with the lead still attached ground them onto a clean bit of the body and get someone to crank tyhe car, if working correctly they should spark then.

didnt have to do that! IT WORKS!!!!!
i forgot that i had an imobaliser....

SO now its running...
there is a strong smell of fuel and exhaust fumes... is this bad?

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
First time start today for me too...(since last september) however I connected the battery +ve first, pressed the red button, pressed the lock then opened and it started first time. (need a bit of luck after £600 in bits due to an auxialiary belt)

Fuel in exhaust is no wrries unless its so much that it causes an eplosion which you wont get from cranking unless you do it for a while

There is a lot of smells and smoke after a rebuild, its normally just oil and coolant burning off the block/manifold etc.

awesome!! thanks alot! all i need to do is finish off the breaks and put it back on the road!!!!

i really miss it .. been driving my GFs pink citreon ax around for ages now :(

lol