ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wash

BMW F21 125d
Do you or dont you ?

The roads are constantly filthy, and washing car by hand is a bit of a drag in the cold weather, so do you take it the car wash? Also have no outside tap as moved house recently and not put one up yet!

In 9 years of driving i've never done it, horror stories of stones in the brushes etc, but are the modern ones ok, not the supermarket ones, th ARC ones etc.... Its not a Rolls Royce, its only a Clio afterall.

Discuss :approve:

Clio 182
Always hand wash my car tbh.......
Even if its bloody freezing ill still clean it, get rid of all the s**t and salt

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Never put any of my cars in the car wash, heard horror stories from mates about wheel dirt and grit being brushed all along the sides.

I have let the carpark cleaners at M&S wash it before though so prob just as bad :eek: Was only my 1.4, rather see my 172 dirty than let them wash it.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZjWkB_q2lE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZjWkB_q2lE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

BMW F21 125d
Echoe's my sentiments as expected tbh.
Never have used and will continue not to do so.
Supermarket Jet Wash FTW, although what i do there, is power wash the brush before placing it anywhere near my car, anal i know!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Do you or dont you ?

The roads are constantly filthy, and washing car by hand is a bit of a drag in the cold weather, so do you take it the car wash? Also have no outside tap as moved house recently and not put one up yet!

In 9 years of driving i've never done it, horror stories of stones in the brushes etc, but are the modern ones ok, not the supermarket ones, th ARC ones etc.... Its not a Rolls Royce, its only a Clio afterall.

Discuss :approve:

Visit a hand cash was place and let the guys there do it same price as the machines and a better job...Still do mine myself mind you no matter how cold it is!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used to put my company car in there, but never my own! No way.

I saw the damage it did to my company car! lol.

BMW F21 125d
Fifth gear say the car wash causes the least damage, but I'll be freezing my ass of outside for a good few years to come.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
our car wash at work ripped a bumper off a laguna the other week, i proper lold, watched it happen on cctv

Porsche Boxster987S
quick trip to the BP jet wash for me. NO brush gets used though. just 2 bronze tokens (shampoo then rinse with the lance)

Full detail starting tomorrow at 9am though :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
never ever go to a car wash, or use a brush on the car :eek:

if you need a muppet to stand out in the freezing cold to wash your car, come to me! :D