ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car tax

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How much does a 182 cost to tax under the new system? I know it's been asked before, but the forum search tool doesn't allow you to search for 3 letter words, so '182 car tax' comes up with no results!

E87 118d M Sport
didnt they postpone it due to the recession? doubt the ecomony will be fixed in a year, so will they postpone it again?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i didn't realise the price increase had been postponed! (prob due to being in france all the time) Happy days anyway!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
cars made after 1st march 2006 infact

I thought if the car was already registered then they wont need to pay the "1st year" tax???

So if you have for example a 2007 R26 megane you will have to pay £425 in 2010??

Im sure its only for the new cars registered in 2010?? Hope it is as i wont an R26 this year!

A SHED!
I thought if the car was already registered then they wont need to pay the "1st year" tax???

So if you have for example a 2007 R26 megane you will have to pay £425 in 2010??

Im sure its only for the new cars registered in 2010?? Hope it is as i wont an R26 this year!

the goverment really are planks.....the car industry is on its arse....new car sales are down and this new tax is still planned???? well done labour idiots....spose it saves co2 apparently.....whilst they build more runways everywhere.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah crap innit, the tax hike has been postponed so we wont have a masive fee this year but i dont know what's going on with the "1st year" thing

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
not as bad as they planned in the 1st place though, it should have been going up to £400 nxt year iirc. Im just glad i've got a few more years to get some decent cars before the need to get a "sensible" car, hope they postpone for years to come!

E87 118d M Sport
yeah crap innit, the tax hike has been postponed so we wont have a masive fee this year but i dont know what's going on with the "1st year" thing

the 1st year thing is the 1st year that your car was registered, and therefore the 1st tax that is payed on that vehicle.
im sure the showrooms will give it for free as an incentive tho on alot of cars

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i thought it was, bit confused over that, wasnt sure if it meant the first year of new tax increases.

koi

Audi S1
Got my road tax renewal through today and on the letter it says £210 for 12 months but when I went to renew it online it says its £215!!

Why's it more expensive to do it online?

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
The 400 quid tax bracket is only for cars with carbon emissions over 200g/km, so the Clio escapes it.

And, that bracket only applies to cars built after March 2006.

Although, the government want to bring it in for any car registered since March 2001 (Y). Which would mean Clio V6s would get stung for it. And relatively normal tackle like V6 Vectras, Mondeos, etc.

Scirocco GT 210
According to Direct.gov.uk the tax rules changed on the 1st May 2009 and applies to cars registered after 1st March 2001.

Clio 1*2 (after 1st March 2001) - band J (IIRC). - £215 for 12 months, £118.25 for 6.

Link - CLICKY

The 400 quid tax bracket is only for cars with carbon emissions over 200g/km, so the Clio escapes it

So that means the 197's built between June and October of 2006 will cost £400 to tax because their emmisions are 209g/km's?.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
So that means the 197's built between June and October of 2006 will cost £400 to tax because their emmisions are 209g/km's?.

In theory. I don't know for sure, it may be over 210g/km. DVLA know more than I do!

EDIT: Just checked Parkers, it's quoted as band J (199-209). I can only assume that band K is 210+ and 400 notes.

Last edited:
  m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
my bemmer is goin to be 500 next year thats f**king shocking its double what im paying now grrr

koi

Audi S1
So if I go to renew at the Post Office it will still be £215 even though my reminder letter says £210 then?