ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car stereo/stations

rb182 cup
this is gonna sound daft but the signal on all my car stereo has suddenly gone crap. every channel doesnt work or is fuzzy...as if someone has nicked my aerial...is there a solution? do i just replace the aerial?

Corsa CDTI
Ive got the same problem, 1 day it was fine, now its completely crap. Just as you described!
Have asked around to find a solution but nobady got one!
Have checked the conections, all ok.

Anyone with any ideas?

rb182 cup
my mate said he took my radio out & it was a loose connection...i tried the radio later on way home from work & its still the same...what do i do now?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Lee theres normally a main aerialconnection to the head unit. if your mate has already checked that i would try another aerial.

Obvious question, but then a weird thread.

Are you searching for new stations or just going through pre-sets? If you've unplugged the HU or battery recently it will have forgotten all of it's pre-sets and will just be staring at random frequencies, probably with nothing on them.

Corsa CDTI
Was using the presets and yeah had tried everything, but ive found a solution (well for me anyway)

Have just fitted a sub and when finished tried again, but got the same. So while I had the stereo out, I replaced the inline arial amp.

Looks something like this.....

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/con...apter-for-citroen-peugeot-skoda-vauxhall.html

You could try this as I now have all my stations back in full with no interference at all

Hope this helps??

rb182 cup
my mate said the aerial connection at the back of the stereo was dodgy...he reckons it needs to be glued in...so i'll try that before getting another aerial

182 Cup
Have you actually checked the aerial on the roof is secure? No one has tried to unscrew it to pinch and got interrupted? Aren't there two ways of searching on the head unit too, just the normal scan and RDS scan? Tried both?

There shouldn't be any need to glue the aerial connection to the head unit!

Corsa CDTI
As above, there should be no glue on any conection. Also, it wasnt the aerial I replaced, it was the aerial amplifier.

Another thing you could try.... is the stereo earthed properly? A loose earth will cause all sorts of interferrence?!

rb182 cup
the connection was solid...radio stations worked perfect when the engine wasnt running...soon as i started the car,it messed up the signal....so does that suggest that the stereo is nackered?

Corsa CDTI
No, stereo is prob ok, just means something needs surpressed, if youve added mods they could be interferring with reception??

Make sure aerial wire is kept away from all other wires, esp' power cables.

Have you changed your aerial to a little short one??

I replaced my ariel base and its actually getting signal. The wires for the aerial base might have popped out?

rb182 cup
i emailed caraudiodirect in the link above & they said the problem wont be the aerial amplifier as my head unit hasnt got 1 (ive still got the standard head unit in) so they suggested i check the wires/connections

Clio 182
Have you checked to see if the centre pin of the aerial plug is still there, and has not broken off, or stuck in the back of the radio? If this is the case you will need to splice another aerial lead onto the end, pm me if you want to know how to do it,
T.

rb182 cup
Have you checked to see if the centre pin of the aerial plug is still there, and has not broken off, or stuck in the back of the radio? If this is the case you will need to splice another aerial lead onto the end, pm me if you want to know how to do it,
T.
cheers...to be honest i havcent got a clue bout electrics...doesnt help either that im colourblind :)