ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car speakers crackle above certain volume?

'99 Megane Coupe
Hey guys, today my car sound system has started playing up, I have 4 side door speakers, 2 6x9's and a 250W subwoofer, the subwoofer works fine and if I fade all volume to front speakers they work fine, but as soon as I put any volume through the rear speakers they crackle like mad even at quite a low volume, but the sub works fine.

Any help/advice appreciated

Thanks,

-C

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Could be that the 6x9s are working against the sub try turning the sub off and see if it still does it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
speakers will be dead. or, check to make sure you're +ve and -ve wires are not in contact in the slightest on all your speakers.

'99 Megane Coupe
ok its only when i fade to the rear right it happens but i have tried removing the speaker and it still happens even with a working speaker, as soon as I fade to the rear right at all, every speaker except the sub goofs up .. >=/

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
head unit, or again, make sure your wiring into the head unit is clean/seperate and nothing is making contact with wires

'99 Megane Coupe
the sub is powered through the sub output on the head unit and wired to battery etc, and the door speakers and 6x9's are running purely from the head unit :)

'99 Megane Coupe
its an alba of some sort, got a new pioneer radio arriving tomorrow anyways so i will see if it is the head unit, although i have run that set up for about 3 months with this being the first problem .. :s

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Alba head unit?! Will defo be the head unit then! Anything Alba lasts 5 minutes. Didn't even know they were still going!

you can only run four low power speakers off ANY headunit. so your alba (and new pioneer) is being over loaded, hence the crackling. this is the setup you need.

'99 Megane Coupe
I am just confused as it is only the rear right that is causing it... i tried a radio out my mates car just now and it is the same problem so obviously wiring problems, so my question now is.. will it be the wires running to the affected speakers causing the problem or could it be anything? PS also the sub doesnt function when i fade to left only when it is faded right

1.2 16v clio
:S do you mind posting pics up of your system and dont you have any amp running atall?

'99 Megane Coupe
I have an amp for the sub only, 6x9's and side speakers wired to rear output of head unit and two side speakers wired to front output of head unit, I will put some pics up tomorrow :)

Jap Box
Dis this kind ofthing myself to a Sony headunit I had, managed to blow the internal amp in the end after having it running for too long. Felt behind after removing it and the headunit had managed to melt some cables too because it got so hot. Safest bet is to get an amp to run some speakers off too :)