ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is buggered!

Scirocco GT 210

Good old Renault.

For no reason my car has decided to develop a problem. Started a few days ago. The entire car shakes like crazy when at low revs (2.5k and below), plus its lost virtually all its power and the fuel consumption has nearly doubled, like its running really rich :confused: The engine also now sounds like a diesel, loud and tractor-like.

Has anyone had this problem? Or know what it could be?

Thanks

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

my car has started to do this,, my fuel is worse than my dads 4.2 v8 audi a8?? also loss in performance!! cange my coil pack,,didnt work?? tryed to clean my throttle bodie which aperently can lead to this sort of stuff,, but i couldnt get to it,, might be your cat this happeded to my mates,, i have just left mien untill i get some money to get it looked at,, its killin me on petrol aaarrrrrrhhhhhh lol,, oh and a local mercanic told me this is all down to my head gasget which has aperently gone?? sorry not mutch help

check the oil for mayo like stuff, while the engine is running take of the ht lead to each of teh plugs one at a time and put it back on afterwards, if when you take one off there isno change in engine sound this is becaus that cylinder is not fireing.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

midge my oil has mayo in it,,wot that mean,,will that removing of ht lead damage the ecu if its running

RB182cup&golf gti

the mayo stuff is a result of anti-freeze/water mixing with the oil, usually a cause of a leaking cylinder head gasket, which would explain your lack of power - check your water level as if this is low this would also point to the cylinder head gasket.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

it is aarrrrrrrrrhhhh lol how much for a newe,, there is also oil on one of the spark plug tops and oil leaking down the right hand side of the block

RB182cup&golf gti

depending on where you take it really, Renault would charge a fortune maybe £400+ but i honestly dont know mate sorry

I had my head welded and skimmed years ago and it only cost me £300 job lot. I drove around for weeks with it blowing a valley in my head though.