ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car insurance expensive?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have just paid £460 with admiral, 26,8yncb,8y driving, clio182 with mods declared. How come you got it sooo cheap?! Greenlight quoted me £500+

Ford Mustang 5.0
I have just paid £460 with admiral, 26,8yncb,8y driving, clio182 with mods declared. How come you got it sooo cheap?! Greenlight quoted me £500+

Normally on the modified cars we come up very competitive. Our policies also include benefits like Track Day Cover for £45 per event, like for like replacement of modified parts and even agreed value.

Plus we only use UK based call centres.

You have already arranged the cover otherwise id be happy to take another look for you to see if we can reduce the price further by adjusting the mileage and other details (like secure work parking) that might help us get the quote lower.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
01277 376000

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No idea how was so cheap, I even entered the details 3 times to double check.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
i was only £360 a year on my 200 @ 22 which i thought was quite good! im only £40 less than that a year on the Twingo!!!!

How is that even possible? Mine is only a few quid cheaper than that and i'm 30. I know location has a lot to do with it but I don't think that can be the only factor in this. I can only guess that this wasn't a policy in your name?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah will do, as the cars only worth a packet of sweets I'm not to bothered though.

It's Aviva so a well known company.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
How is that even possible? Mine is only a few quid cheaper than that and i'm 30. I know location has a lot to do with it but I don't think that can be the only factor in this. I can only guess that this wasn't a policy in your name?

policy in my own name
22yr old
6yrs ncb
no crashes or points etc
no mods
good postcode (not england!)

Clio 172
Just wondering how you can have 6 yrs ncb at 22, did you start insuring at the age of 16, and how is Stirling a good postcode

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Just wondering how you can have 6 yrs ncb at 22, did you start insuring at the age of 16, and how is Stirling a good postcode

Moped or something I expect.

I still can't see how it's so low. I know postcode makes a big difference, but so does age and experience, which I have a lot more of, and pay the same amount.

ST
Martin may have had bonus accelerator policy's, some insurers offer introductory discounts too, also the fact he had a 172 from 19 iirc shows he has experience and never panned the car in the first year of ownership which a lot of companies rate on. As soon as you cross the border insurance companies have good reason to increase the price, some areas are highly populated compared with equivalent areas up here, more chance of accident as the roads are busier, car crime is higher, also in the major cities, a minority decided it'd be a 'cool' idea to riot, set property and vehicles on fire.. Up to 40% increase across the board this year at renewal too hasn't helped but it's just the underwriters trying to recoup the costs of the last year or so.

Clio 172
There is no way on earth that a 22yr old with a clio 200 is only paying 380 for insurance. I'm 42 with a clean licence ,no accidents and 6 yrs ncb in a decent postcode on a clio 172 and I pay £360.

MR2 Mk1.5
There is no way on earth that a 22yr old with a clio 200 is only paying 380 for insurance. I'm 42 with a clean licence ,no accidents and 6 yrs ncb in a decent postcode on a clio 172 and I pay £360.

There is every chance with the way some insurers operate, some insurers are absolutely desperate for business and will undercut every insurer out there by sometimes £hundreds in a desperate bid to secure the business. These insurers often fail when they get claims in, I've seen it time and time again. Great in the short term for you guys I guess, frustrating for the insurers who know what they are doing and how to put the correct price on the risk.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol just got a quote on brand spankers focus ST, with my claim and conviction, came back as £380!!!!