ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car idle & exhaust leak.

alright guys I'm not that familiar with mechanics so need some clarification.

My 182 usually happily sits around 1.2K/1.5K revs at idle, today it's sank below 1000 revs.. Noticed the exhaust peeing out water/petrol from the exhaust tips and then now seen a leak from where the cat meets the rear pipe, so that needs fixing.

It's not a river leak but it's making a good smallish puddle beneath.

Question is, is this leak the cause of my lower idle Rev problems?

It struggled the start twice prior to this if that's also part of the problem? (Seems to start okay for now)

So is the leaky pipe the cause of my problems?

EEE9406E-EC9E-4759-B4E0-E41E45A23A1E.jpg

renault clio 1.4 16v
i would hope the liquid comeing out your exhaust is water, condensation in common in these and in cold wet weather water can build up in the boxes, as for idleing.... mine idles at around 600rpm once the auto choke has switched off...

clios are rather well known for their starting problems im afraid, can range from tdc sensors to lambda sensors... and many other randoms inbetween... do you have any warning lights on the dash?

Yeah the emissions light came on, I'm guessing because of this.

Should be getting this booked in soon at an exhaust fabricator to get the leak fixed properly. Other than this I'm hoping this is the cause of the problems for now!