ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car failing to start somtimes!

Clio 182
Hi,

sometimes the car refuses to start the stop light is illuminated and the battery light flashes, and the car wont turn over :(

i thought maybe the battery as i have had this problem before on another car, however i have changed the battery and it still happens!

i am wondering it could be a bad earth connection causing the car not to start??? could a bad earth do this??

if so where are the Earth points located on the 182??

or do any of you have any other thoughts it might be??

thanks again in advance!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The stop light and battery light flashing indicates the alternator failing doesn't it? I may be wrong. I've got an issue with a dodgy earth too though! When I brake or indicate my rear fog light indicator on my dash flashes!

Clio 182
i hope its not the alternator i bet they are a right b**ch to change on these cars :(

yea when i brake the rear fog light illuminates to!!

hopefully someone else will be able to clarify

regards

Clio 182
on a random note i did notice there was a random wire which came form the ecu fusebox loom thingy behind the passenger head light which was not connected and i could not for the life of me see where this should be connected,

any ideas?

and could this be the route of my problems?

regards

E46 320D Tourer!
The stop light and battery light flashing indicates the alternator failing doesn't it? I may be wrong. I've got an issue with a dodgy earth too though! When I brake or indicate my rear fog light indicator on my dash flashes!

Danith, you know thats probably just corrosion in the connections on the rear light clusters dont you? Have em off and clean em up with a bit of wd40 and some elbow grease and that problem will be sorted.

Edit: thats exactly what is was on mine. Others have had the same on here too.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice one Jordski. That's a good point, it did get worse when I removed and refitted the rear cluster. Cheers for the tip! Will give it a go tomorrow, sorry for the semi hijacking of the thread!