ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Damage on the M4

Clio MK2 172
Was driving on the M4 yesterday to work in the middle lane when the car in front swerved into the outside lane, I didn't know what he was doing but he was dodging what looked like a pot of some sort in the middle lane about 2ft high x 3ft wide, I saw it way to late to avoid it and hit it dead on whilst holding onto my ass doing about 70mph, it shattered and some of it was stuck under the car for a few hundred yards...

Just wondering you if anyone new what I can do with this damage on the front bumper? I really dont want to have to buy a new one! Could a body shop fix it? price? How much does a 172 mk2 bumper cost?

Hope someone can advise. Who would be responsible for the damage in this case, someone from work said you can call the Highway Agency, but I've never heard of it before?? or is it a case of just bad luck sort it yourself?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
same thing happened to me, but i saw whos trailer it fell out of and pulled them over and they gave me a cheque right there and then for the damage.

inm your case i dont think you can claim from any one, and a new bumber will be your best bet if you can find one second hand for about £80

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Can't the highway agency do anything about this?? because they're responsible for the roads conditions etc...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Hope someone can advise. Who would be responsible for the damage in this case, someone from work said you can call the Highway Agency, but I've never heard of it before?? or is it a case of just bad luck sort it yourself?

In that case, its a case of just bad luck and sorting it out urself.

Hope u get it sorted mate.

Clio MK2 172
just called the highway agency and they pretty much laughed at me down the phone... tough luck.... ba*tards!!!

Clio MK2 172
Spoke to Ren- Kidwelly Branch they siad new bumper would cost £144+VAT but I would have to get it sprayed and fitted in a body shop so + what what ever that costs. I think I'm going to cry, anyone for a hug? lol

Theres a guy selling a 172 kit on here, he might sell it you seperately. Lucky it didn't damage anything else.

Arctic Blue FF 182
always up for a hug!haha

is your radiator all ok, looks like its suffered a bit as well!

Breaking A 172 Replica
Dude, buy a second hand bumper. You should be able to pick a silver one up for about 110-130 with all the bits. Then sell things like the grille, fog surrounds, washer nozzles from your old one. Should only cost you a net of about 60 quid.

Sam

Clio MK2 172
Theres a guy selling a 172 kit on here, he might sell it you seperately. Lucky it didn't damage anything else.

Who where when? no hug for me? I'm going to see how many hugs I can get....its been a ruff couple of months

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

Who where when? no hug for me? I'm going to see how many hugs I can get....its been a ruff couple of months

could always be worse.
its only plastic at the end of the day, crap i know but look on the bright side

Clio MK2 172
always up for a hug!haha

is your radiator all ok, looks like its suffered a bit as well!

I havnt had a proper good look at the rad, only noticed the damage this morning, doesnt seem to be leaking or anything...

Thx for the hug, you can let go now. lol

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Same happened to the wife in 2005, she was driving along a dual /c/way when the drum brake casing of an artic trailer cracked in half and fell off the wheel hub, it skidded along the road then smashed the front end of her Megane, new bumper and rad, she had to claim on her insurance, police were involved but could not trace the lorry. I could have been a lot worse if it bounced along the road, could have gone through her windscreen. This piece of steel liner was about 25 kilos in weight.

Clio MK2 172
Same happened to the wife in 2005, she was driving along a dual /c/way when the drum brake casing of an artic trailer cracked in half and fell off the wheel hub, it skidded along the road then smashed the front end of her Megane, new bumper and rad, she had to claim on her insurance, police were involved but could not trace the lorry. I could have been a lot worse if it bounced along the road, could have gone through her windscreen. This piece of steel liner was about 25 kilos in weight.

Bloody hell, sounds like something off of Bad Boys 2!!

Goliath I
Spoke to Ren- Kidwelly Branch they siad new bumper would cost £144+VAT but I would have to get it sprayed and fitted in a body shop so + what what ever that costs. I think I'm going to cry, anyone for a hug? lol

Ive always found Gravells very high priced and could also take you a while to get get booked in... Id shop about a few other Garages