ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Damage by Other Half

This weekend my wife massively kerbed the nearside rear wheel and also scratched and bent the front bumper on a rock on the verge... :dead:

What things have your other halves done to your cars that made you almost cry with anger and disbelief?

I need some diversion therapy, so out with the stories, people :rasp:

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Mine took my car shopping and when she was coming out of the shopping centre she mounted the kerb at the ticket machine which was cool...but then preceded to drive over at an angle and the weight of the car came down on the side skirt!!! ouch craked all the way up the side......

funny thing was i was the next week i was like ill show you how to drive in here.......i drove over a hump in the carpark and..... crunch.... i came down on the other skirt!!!! to say i was embarresed was an understatement!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont let anyone drive my car, once let an ex drive mine while i was eating a apple pie, never again lol,

did let my bro drive my 205 once, i picked him up from a night out and he was just goin on and on to let him drive.. i thought i was going to die

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my missus kerbed one of my 172 wheels about 3/4 of the way round, I was p*ssed, but not that p*ssed, I was more annoyed when I came to sell them and only then really realised that they were virtually perfect other than that. However, she is not driving the Meg with the 18"s!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Never let mine drive the 172 :D

She drove my 1.2 in the queue at Trax last year as I was dying for a piss so ran for the toilet :p

This weekend my wife massively kerbed the nearside rear wheel and also scratched and bent the front bumper on a rock on the verge... :dead:

What things have your other halves done to your cars that made you almost cry with anger and disbelief?

I need some diversion therapy, so out with the stories, people :rasp:

That is why my Vee is only insured for me to drive....lol ;)
my wife can make do with the 1.4 dynamique.... ;)

Sexist I know, sorry to the girls on here, but you ain't seen my wife drive....lol ;)

I feel for you mate.....

Simon

williams and trophy
mine swerved to miss some numpty on teh wrong side of the road in the williams....both n/s rims were scuffed, and as she went up the kerb, caught the mirror on the dry stone wall that was just up the kerb..needless to say she has her own car now..and it has her trademark s all over it lol.

U/R 200
Me & the ex shared a calibra before we split & i treated meself to the trophy,
Used to clean it every weekend, as i di the clio, and you notice every little scratch, & new stone chip etc.
So when she reversed the calibra into the corner of my parents bungalow, she kept quiet and got one of the lads she works with to t cut it, & thought i wouldnt notice lol, just wished she would have told me, made me laugh really.

don't
My ex, kerbed one of my 17s, badly, half way round

Asked her to drive slowly down the road so i could listen out for a noise i thought i'd kept hearing, she did so and went to pull over, and wasn't even close to lining up with the kerb, just went at a nice angle into it while I had to watch from back down the road, that sound , errrrr, i feel ill

Clio 172 mk2
My GF wants me to sell the 172 to get a joint car....I'm not to keen on the idea at all.

Her 1.2 clio is pretty reliable but it's fairly well bashed/scraped where she has reversed into bollards etc.

Octavia VRS
my gf got crashed into at a roundabout, Clio needed new bumper, splitter and front wing. As it wasn't her fault I ler her live lol. She won't be driving the 182/CTR when I get it tho

williams and trophy
lol...fortunately in the williams shes too scared to drive it now lol.. and id let her keep her little 1.2 mate tbh.....the mrs dci hasnt got an unscratched panel on it now i dont think lol......because she no longer cares and drives how she used to b4 i bought the willy.

terribly lol

altho i must admit..back in the day shes had her fare share of comparisons and controlled sideways moments, so she can drive, jus chooses to hit evrything she can i think.

Clio 172 mk2
lol

I may help her out with an upgrade to something newer but I'm definately not letting her drive the 172.

She is a good driver but has only had her licence for a year so needs to build up a few more years no claims before getting in something rapid.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
bought a citroen zx volcane brand new in sept 94, ex girlfriend dragged it along my driveways gatepost 1hr after picking it up. started from drivers door handle and went all the way back to rear light which she cracked.new rear skin and lens required lol never had the same look on the car after that.

Once let a lass from college drive my first clio, oh aye like straight over a curb in the college car park, both wheels head on! Unbelievable :eek: Did no damage but she cried her eyes out :lolup: Safe to say i've never let another girl drive my car!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I put my other half on the insurance for our drive up to Scotland. She was more nervous about driving it than i was!
But to be honest i trusted her and after she relaxed she really enjoyed it. Loved the power and as her confidence grew she started nagging me to let her drive!

Unfortunately for her the screen took a thump by a stone and cracked the screen whilst she was driving. The only time i did nearly lose my rag was when she decided she wanted to get out of the car on Glencoe in a force 10 gale....the door flew open and nearly folded into the front wing.....took a bit of manhandling to make the door shut after that!

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I had my lass insured on my 172 and in her first drive two days later she went into the back of someone.

At a r/b she thought the other car had pulled away so moved on herself. Smack!

V minor damage to mine but cracked other persons bumoer so we had to go through insurance. Fortunately as I wasn't claiming for my car I didn't have to pay excess and I've got my ncb protected.

Bless her she drives a 1.0 Corsa.