ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car cuts out when driving

Clio 1.4 16v
When I'm driving my car kind if cuts out when driving loses power for a few seconds and then comes back into life any help would be great thanks alot

172DD Cup
could be a few things. recent things i've experienced, not just with clios, are when i removed my throttle body and refitted it, it would hesitate sometimes. another one is coolant temperature sensor, or thermostat. this is more hesitation though rather than a few seconds. is the engine getting upto temperature?

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Does the speedo rev counter etc all die as well? As if so could just be a dodgy connection to the battery had this a while back with a previous car, i'd double check all the connections to the battery are in good nick and tight.

Mk5 golf gti
It will probs be your TDC sensor

try taking it off and cleaning it, its under the air filter on the bellhousing of the gear box at the top