ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into again? What should I do?

Had car broken into again, twice in just a little over a year.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108241&highlight=scrote

Outside CityWalk in Leeds where i work. Always check out of the window and there were 2 coppers so i ran down to find my window gone, glove box open and they had found the radio in my door.

Now, weve only just moved into the new buildings but the surroundings are rough as chuff, and im suprised its taken this long.

I need to get rid of car, Im not going to get the kinda of money i put into it, so i will only be able to do it if i get this promotion.

Only 2 options 02/03 172/182 or 00/01 WRX.

Any thoughts, ideas?

133/225/CLS AMG
Its gutting when your motor gets broken into! :(

If its feasible, get a second, really cheap motor and use it for work. I'm paranoid about parking dings/theft etc with my Megane so I bought a Renault 5 for £650 that I use for leaving in car parks etc.

Modified 1.2 Just turned 21, so time for the change. Grown out of all that!

Nothing i can do about the CCTV mate, first thing the copper said was, theres no CCTV. Not sure it deters criminals these days anyway.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
a 172 etc will get broken into just as much, thing is they will liely just steal the whole car n rag it around for a bit too

Turbos.
a 172 etc will get broken into just as much, thing is they will liely just steal the whole car n rag it around for a bit too

If i remember correctly CDMullins' car is seriously modified, so can't see it being bad.

My standard looking 172 has never recieved negative attention, whereas as my modified (only turinis, exhaust and coilovers) 1.2 got broken into once and vandalised twice.

Civic Vtec y0
Its gutting when your motor gets broken into! :(

If its feasible, get a second, really cheap motor and use it for work. I'm paranoid about parking dings/theft etc with my Megane so I bought a Renault 5 for £650 that I use for leaving in car parks etc.

sounds like the best idea!

Im looking for a cheap car atm to last me for about 2weeks (suspect my cam belt has snapped) and its amazing what you can pick up for about £200

Cupra
Depends on what you want from it. RS is cheaper to run and fun to drive whilst still out pacing a lot of other cars out there. The WRX is bigger, will drink more and sounds ace. Agree on the above bug eyed comment, even with the light inserts.