ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broke down, not sure whats happened.

Clio 1.6 Initiale (w reg)
My clio broke down early last week. Was simply accelerating and it died on me. pulled over, and it wasnt the oil even though it was rather low. mechanics came and towed it away. Got a call a couple of days later saying that the 'top belt and pulley' had gone. that was their words :S

been advised that there are 3 belts in the engine, fan, timing and auxilliary, and the mechanic assured me its not the timing belt. So we have deduced that the auxilliary belt went.

Got a call today saying the exhaust valves had gone too. someone tells me that the auxilliary belt wouldnt cause that, but the timing belt would.

The timing belt was replaced less than 3 months ago, so if it is the timing belt, i reckon i can get it all done under warranty, or at least partly done.

any ideas?

also, i have no idea what other damage has been caused, im getting the info via the parents as i dont get mobile signal where i stay, and dont have a house phone.

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
you have well broken my old clio weegie ;)

just so you know.. there are only 2 belts in that engine ( its the K4m 1.6 16v)

i thinik this guy is taking you for a ride tbh

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Aye, two belts. Timing belt (cambelt) and Auxiliery belt (fan belt some people call it)

Was it that garage that changed the belt 3 months ago?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
btw, if the Aux belt goes, it normally gets dragged into the timing belt taking that out aswell