ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't turn hazards off???!!!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Washed the cup this morning, driving along then the hazards came on, won't turn off. Car behind me wasn't very happy. I've disconnected the battery whilst it's parked on the drive. When I connected it back they started flashing again. Any ideas ?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Check the connection on the back of the hazard switch isn’t loose, if it still does it then I’d imagine you need a new switch.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
More than likely the switch is shagged! Mine did this some years back! Easy to replace it.

Reactions: B93

B93

Clio 1.2 16v
^^ Can confirm, mine conked out at midnight and yanked the switch out then and there which stopped the hazards untill the replacement arrived

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I came out of work once to my hazards going off which had killed the battery, RAC man came out and charged the battery but the hazards would not switch off, turns out the hazard switch had somehow broke without being touched and turned itself on, it had to be disconnected to turn them off.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Cheers. Well it's booked in with rentec on Monday am to get bilsteins fitted so I'll get them to replace it while it's there.

172 Turbo
Last summer, someone flashed me out of the pub, I flashed hazards at them and everyone else for the next 5 mins.

Forgot, took it for MOT he presses the button and stuck on they are, The switch is £20 from Renault or Vauxhall as you can use one of one of their vans. Got a replacement for £4 of eBay.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Reconnected battery this morning, hazards start flashing. Got in the car tried hazard button and they stopped. Got to love French electrics. Garage are going to order me a new one anyway.