ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cannot decide, please help

Mk1 16v brooklands
right guys i need some help and possibly a kick up the ass..

i cant decide what to do right now, im looking at getting a 182/172 cup im not fussed about colour as i like them all, trouble is i cant decide what to do with the 172 exclusive, i like the car and its a good little runner. but i cannot decide if i should sell it or break it. now i know its worth alot more in bits but it seems a shame to waste such a good car.

i cant really afford a new car without saving(same as most peopl), which i can only save around £500-600 a month.
i could get another loan (which i dont want to do) and could get another car straight away.
i could break the 172 i have space and time on saturday after 11 and evenings after 7 and wait to get the car until i have enough (but the missus live 15 miles away and i dont want her driving to me all the time)
or i could sell the 172 for a fraction of the price and put the money towards to what i have saved now

HELP please.... im s**t at making these choices

cheers guys

Get it serviced and put a new battery in the key and keep it.

Better the devil you know.

If you're feeling really flush get it sprayed and get rid of the awful interior ;)

work for BMW
You don't wanna get rid of a good runner an spend lots of monies then find out your new car is a mechanical nightmare

Mk1 16v brooklands
Get it serviced and put a new battery in the key and keep it.

Better the devil you know.

If you're feeling really flush get it sprayed and get rid of the awful interior ;)

new interior is on the card anyway :D
ive saved £600 from yesterdays pay slip to get the belts done but then it got me thinking. i couldjust get a new motor
i might wait until next month get another 600 and give it to danny@519automotive and say do both belts and dephaser and give it a general good going over

Mk1 16v brooklands
You don't wanna get rid of a good runner an spend lots of monies then find out your new car is a mechanical nightmare

yeah i know what you are saying, i got this off of beanie but the engine dropped a shell 4-5 months after. (not his fault at all) i only got it because he is a reputable person on here and clio16v. since then its been decent (apart from and earth fault and starter fault)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Even though I much prefer the Ph2, I'd just keep what you've got now! If you want a 'change' why not go for a completely different car altogether anyway?

Mk1 16v brooklands
Well sod it ive been weighing up my options and ive decided to go for te cam and map package from 519 :) save a few more pennies then get it done

53 Clio's & counting
Well sod it ive been weighing up my options and ive decided to go for te cam and map package from 519 :) save a few more pennies then get it done

Good lad!

Best option, IMO id keep the Exclusive - if it's a good car then no point 'upgrading' to what is basically the same car lol ;) :quiet: