ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannock Nublet...

Cup, Lude & Z
How do! Im on the look for a 172 Cup currently drive a 3.2 v6 Veccy but want something abit more raw.

A question i would like to ask is: Is mileage a big problem?? as i've spotted an 03 thats done 60k+ but just had a £1500 service done.

I assume thats the cambelt etc??

Cheers guys ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Welcome.

Servicing is every 12K, aux belt every 36K or 3 years, cambelt 72K or 5 years.

Most of the 172Cups are around 5 or 6 years old, so may well have been cambelt done.

The Cups are very easy to drive a lot, so some will have a lot more mileage than others.

Swift Sport
I'm from Cannock toooooooooo!!!!!

Good 'ay it!!! ;)

Edit, You'll see me on the Orboring™

Last edited:
  Cup, Lude & Z
LOL aye, i was squealing round there yesterday with a Corrado. Was only popping to sainsbury's cash point ended up by the Globe :p

Cup, Lude & Z
I found what i thought to be a Cup, had one of you guys check it for me and turns out its not with the spec it has but... when i search for insurance i put the reg in and comes up with a 172 Cup??

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The Cups only came in 2 colours, Mondiale Blue (most common) and Iceburg silver (only about 90 made IIRC).

It all depends on what extras you want, as although the Cup is 89Kgs lighter than the 172, you wouldn't really notice it in the real world.

There is a couple of weeks in the year where climate control is a benefit. But you will open a can of worms on that one.

I had my Cup for just over 5 years, mine was a quick one :evil: :race: so I've got a fair idea about them :)

If its down on DVLA as a Cup, then someone's messed up. It does happen from time to time as my old Peugeot was down as a 1.4 with a 1.6 engine!

Swift Sport
I know cannock quite well but what or where is the orboring?

and welcome fella!

It's here! >>>

orboring.gif