ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you request an insurance renewal price early?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Currently Insured with Adrian Flux, and my renewal is 5th May - I'd like to try and get some quotes, based upon 3yrs NCB however I'd like to have my renewal price to compare it to. Is it possible to request a renewal price from Flu early? As far as I can remember they send you a renewal price in the post ~2 weeks before it's due.

Bit of a random question, but any advice would be appreciated.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Seriously ?

Call them and ask them ?!

:S

It's within a month, I don't see why you couldn't...

They usually take an age on the phone, which I can't really spare whilst in work, so I was hoping to just get a quick answer from someone who might have an insurance background.

Renewal quotes are generally awful anyway.

Spend a bit of time actually speaking to insurers like Sky. They were very helpful with me and smashed my renewal.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Renewal quotes are generally awful anyway.

Spend a bit of time actually speaking to insurers like Sky. They were very helpful with me and smashed my renewal.

True, renewals are general awful. Flux gave me a laughable renewal a few years ago, and I went straight to Brentacre who beat it by £500. I ended up back with flux becase they beat it brentacre by £50.

Sky have been pretty poor every time I've tried due to my postcode. They seem to touch anything in the WA area.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Well I managed to get a renewal price out of flux, which was nice... until they told me the price: £1,867.

3 years NCB
3 points (2008)

I seem to get fisted every year for insurance, even on low powered cars.

Sunflower Ph1 172
Just done a quote for Sky and it came back well over 1k lol.

I'd be happy with something near £1k but it just doesn't seem possible. I'm going to do a lot of ringing around over the next couple of weeks. Really starting to grind on me how much I've paid out for insurance over the years. almost makes it not worth having a car.

I'd be happy with something near £1k but it just doesn't seem possible. I'm going to do a lot of ringing around over the next couple of weeks. Really starting to grind on me how much I've paid out for insurance over the years. almost makes it not worth having a car.

I currently pay £450!!!!