ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you over declare mods to insurance??

My trusty lil 182 :)
Probably sounds like a stoopid question but can you over declare modifications in anticipation of doing them??

Insurance is through Greenlight and had two quotes, one with no mods and one with all the mods I want to make over the next year. Only £20 difference but doing the modifications in bits and drabs and every policy amendment is £25! If I phone them everytime I mod something could add £200 to me policy in no time!! Otherwise will be back to stockpiling parts for one mammoth week of mods at some point!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Im with Greenlight, I notified them of my intentions of fitting a cup spoiler and splitter within a month or two of taking out my policy, they noted this down and asked me to call when I had fitted them.

I phoned them up mid policy about my cup wheels and again, just put on my policy 16" alloy wheels to be fitted, phone to confirm.

Why not ask if they mind, Im sure if its gonna be 9 months before you fit something they might object, but a short period, no.