ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you guess the fault with my 182 ?

After what you told me Ste, I didnt think the hole between the cat and the centre section would be that narrow - looks like a cats arse! lol

That is truley shocking workmanship, glad its back up to a respectable amount of power now (even if it shows how down on power the 182's actually are)

Matt.

None
It's the torque i feel most, about 35 ft/lbs over last week, it feels like yours did now when we went out the other day.

182 Cup
If you fully blocked off all air it would just cut out surely? minor blockage wouldent drop you down to sub 150s would it?

I remember reading about a Rover V8 in Walker's Workshop (Cars and Car Conversions mag) that had air filters that were too small for it. An extra 40bhp was seen on the rollers when they took the air filters off.

Great way to reduce peak power output - why do you think WRC cars run intake restictors?

Evo 8 MR
That's horrendous, none of us would have guessed that.

Makes me feel proud I own a Yozza. :D lol

a thirsty one
i was close-ish with my collapsed cat guess but still never seen anything like that before, shocking someone would let it leave the garage like that knowing what they had done.

ps btb all the way

None
One more update for this, i went back to see Paul today after i had run the 182 on V power for about 400 mile and these are the final RR prinouts, Paul got an extra 2bhp and 4 lbs/ft of torque from the fuel change alone by tweaking the advance i think he said.

Oh and thanks for turning up the idle speed Paul, it's sits much better at traffic lights now, the engine doesn't shake when idling :)

FinalBHP.gif

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Almost 9hp increase from a map and different fuel, not bad at all on a N/A engine :approve:

None
Yeah i have to say i'm happy with it now Mike, i'm not going to search around for any bits of extra power now, the difference from pre exhaust change to post mapping is phenomenal, it's like a totally new car to drive now so i'm smiling every time i drive it :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just seen this thread after speaking to Mike last night at the renaultsport meet.

I have had three systems done by zorstec and they have all been really good.

Have you spoken to Andy re this? Im sure he would be willing to compensate you for the work.

None
Just seen this thread after speaking to Mike last night at the renaultsport meet.

I have had three systems done by zorstec and they have all been really good.

Have you spoken to Andy re this? Im sure he would be willing to compensate you for the work.

To be honest jim i haven't really done anything with it yet, the fix is something i could do myself with the tig set up so i'm not too fussed yet as i have the yozza fitted to my 182 now but i know Andy got rid of the guy who did mine so i guess i was just
unlucky that he was there when i went to get one.
Truth be told i was just more baffled by the lack of power then i was annoyed when i found out what he had done, just shows even people with good reputations can employ muppets if they don't do their homework first :)

None
only just seen this thread, i'm speechless!! i'll pay postage just so that can go on the wall!!

Now you see why i wanted the Yozza so badly Fred :)

The guy should be ashamed, i just hope he never gets to work near cars again or some other poor unsuspecting mug will no doubt get to experience his handywork too :)