ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you buy.......

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
the arm between the steering rack knuckle and the trackrod end as i dont wanna buy a new rack just wanna replace the arm?

Lionel Richie
they're about £40, but you'll need to know which rack you have

JTEKT
KOYO
SMI
TRW

(one of them will be on a sticker somewhere on the rack)

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
cheers lads, i took it off earlier. wasnt too bad a job, picked up a rack off a 55 plate clio earlier for £40 so gonna swap them ova includin the track rod end. so all is gd now :approve:

BMW M135i
Err you'll probably find that the rack from the 55 plate won't fit as its got electric PAS and your cup has hydraulic power steering.

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
im only gonna use the trackrod. prob sell the rack on e-gay then!
off the topic..
the sports run the same racks as the normal clio's dont they?

BMW M135i
the sports run the same racks as the normal clio's dont they?

Nope as there all electric whereas the RSs are hydraulic, and the cup was wider track. I think (could be wrong) you'll find it won't fit properly.

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
oh shoot yeah 4got about the wider track! will deffo measure them up tomorrow and if their diff i wont get the rack, only left a deposit with them so i can say i dont want it, my mate works there so shud be fine! off to renault if all goes wrong! i'll let u know how it goes 2morrow!

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
:mad: went down the scrappy earlier to pick up the rack and as your typical scrap yard, they said the track rod ends were just turning when we were trying to get them off so they cut them:mad: lemons!!!
i only wanted the rack for 1 track rod and the end so i aint payin £40 for a rack with no trackrod ends, so got my money back then ordered a new track rod from renault for £44. at least i know its deffo for a cup although the one in the scrappy looked the same and i'll just use the track rod end ive already got.