ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone offer some advice?

Dru G

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Hi all - just removed front bumper as I was having my grille hydro dipped. Now when I lock the car I have one long siren coming from the alarm meaning I have to disconnect the battery to lock it. I have noticed after the grille was dipped there is now no hole where the bonnet pin goes which looks electrical as there is a switch that gets pushed down when the bonnet is shut.

I have tried pushing this button in with the bonnet open but it still makes the same noise when locking. Maybe my alarm is goosed but they seem connected. Guess I should drill a hole in the top of the grille and refit??

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks - Andrew.

Yep, bonnet closure alarm switch. Just re-drill the hole if you want it to work (don't know why they'd fill it before dipping)

Otherwise could try bridging the terminals (the actual switch will come away from the plug on the end of the loom) and use a cable tie to hold it away from the fan. The alarm can be quite fussy and it seems is easily confused so you might have to try locking/unlocking it with the switch open and closed a few times till it's happy.

Dru G

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Yep, bonnet closure alarm switch. Just re-drill the hole if you want it to work (don't know why they'd fill it before dipping)

Otherwise could try bridging the terminals (the actual switch will come away from the plug on the end of the loom) and use a cable tie to hold it away from the fan. The alarm can be quite fussy and it seems is easily confused so you might have to try locking/unlocking it with the switch open and closed a few times till it's happy.

Great Steven thanks mate - I know that's what to do but just wanted to check - thanks mate.

I must stress the bit about the switch being seemingly random and making no sense :p Well worth playing around with the bonnet open holding the switch and locking/unlocking.

Also if you end up breaking or replacing the bonnet closure switch, just beware that there are 2 types and it changed halfway through the 182 production line. (not interchangable and not as simple as saying one switch for a 172, one for a 182 etc.)