ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone help?

AUDI A5 s-sline
After searching the forum I can't seem to decide what to buy for my first dslr.

I have narroed it down so Which one would people thinks best...?

Canon eos 1000d with 18-55mm kit lens

Nikon d3000 with 18-55mm kit lens

Or nikon d60 with 18-55mm kit lens

Cheers

Josh

Honda. Tesla Someday
My girlfriend bought me the Canon 1000D as my first camera and I love it!! Great camera!!

However, if you have the extra cash try n find a Canon 450D - its very similar to the 1000D but it has slightly better features and shouldnt be much more expensive because its been out a while.

Hope this helps :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
1000D is quite old now, the 1100D has been out about a year which replaces it.

I'd try and find a 500D/550D if you can, a much more capable camera than the 1000D.

Check here for prices: http://www.camerapricebuster.com/

As for Nikon, no idea, make sure it has a motor for the AF so you can use any lens is about all I know. You need to try out Nikons and Canons to decide which brand to go with, the lower models are very different between the 2, Canon tend to be light and small, Nikon tend to be bigger and heavier. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but similar models are specced very similarly between the 2 brands.

RB 182
As above really, the 1000d is ok as an entry level body, but that's exactly what it is, entry level. The 450d is a cracking camera, but again is pretty much entry level, but with the right glass you can get some great results. It's what I use and can't fault it. 50d is where I would start now if I was starting out, although a bit pricier, a much more capable body.

The best advice I can give though, is go to a store where you can handle each body and see what feels right in your hands. I tried both Canon and Nikon and found the Canon to feel better for me, as you have to remember, it will spend a lot of its time in your hands and you need to feel comfortable with it. So go have a play and see what you like.

Wouldn't bother with the d3000. Look at the D3100 or if you can spend a bit more the D5100 or even the D90 as mentioned.

Get the best body you can afford atm as if you get into it you'll spend the next money on uprated glass. I was in the exact same position and went for the 450D over the 1000D.