ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can somebody recommend me a USB H/U?

Clive the Clio no. 2
Im after a USB headunit,

it doesnt need ipod capability, and for the right price i could be persuaded to get one with bluetooth, although not necessary,

my limit is about 100-120 quid, not including the money i will get on the sale of my current one.

Not a huge fan on sony headunits, so recommend them last please! lol

Any suggestions?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've got a Sony CDX-GT610U. It's been replaced now but I chose this cos I prefered the styling of this over its replacement and don't think any major difference if any at all.

Very happy with it, I've got a 8GB mem stick plugged in and it reads it very quickly, barely a pause when you plug it in. It got a sub out, and front/rear outs (which I'll be using soon hopefully) and its got an aux input as well, think either its direct in on the back or you need a standard 3.5mm to 2 phone connection cable, which can be bought from loads of places. You can get iPod connections as well but I don't use an iPod so don't know much on that side.

Very happy with the sound quality, esp with BBE MP, can tell the improvement on my last Sony HU of a couple of years ago. 3 stage equalizer as well.

Only think I would like extra is being able to do playlists, not sure if any do tbh. You can do it with iPod through the iPod connection cable not through the usb on the front. Also no bluetooth on it but I don't use my phone enough in the car to car.

Clio 1.8 RSi
reply to onevish:

On the sony or any (usb) reading headunit, if you want a playlist just plug usb into computer and open it and create differant files on it, i.e. differant playlists, atm mine is devided into types of music with 8 dif files and when its plugged into headunit the sub-files can just be skipped through rather than having to go through every track to find the one's you want.

Clio 1.8 RSi
Oh and ive got a sony cdx-gt5oui, cost £105 few months back and it seems pretty good (i was unsure of sony before i bought this one), on par with my old alpine headunit easily. nice features and easy to use with a quick usb read.