ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I clamp braided hoses

Track 172 Cup
I'm hopefully going to be refurbishing a set of calipers and painting them. I was just wondering how to stop all the fluid coming out as with the standard rubber hoses you just clamp them but I have braided hoses on and wondered if I clamp them will it ruin or cause a weak spot in the braid.

Cheers.

Track 172 Cup
Thought so just wanted to check what's the best or easiest way would you recommend if it's too much faffing about I may get you @bloke to do them when I change my brake fluid. Always find it better to watch a job being done so I know for next time then.

dan's cast offs.
bit of rubber tube over the end of the pipe with a bolt to bung it up or you can get little clamps to seal the end up.

had a tidy today and found powerflex dog bone bushes!! could of done yours while you were in the other day sorry.

Track 172 Cup
No worries lol want me to call over on Friday or Sat only if your not busy I'm not in a rush, plus might see if we can find out why my drivers side sounds like something is rubbing on the disc or the caliper is sticking on. Got some calipers coming off Ph1 Tom so hopefully once they are cleaned up nice I can swap them over. @bloke

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure your fluid level is topped up.

Then you want to open the bleed nipples on the calipers and as you do this get someone to press the brake pedal down. Then you need a piece of wood or a bar to wedge the brake pedal in the fully down position. Wedged between the pedal and the seat works.

Now you can undo the hose from the caliper and catch any remaining fluid and it shouldn't leak any more and the master cylinder valve is closed because the pedal is down.

Bleed thoroughly after refitting.

dan's cast offs.
might as well wait until you've got the calipers ready to go on and do it in one go.

LY FF182
As said depress the brake pedal with a bar, don't really need to open bleed nipples first but doesn't matter. I just depress it as much as possible with a bar and crack on..