ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone confirm that Kangoo engine mounts fit a 172?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My local motor factors can supply a Kangoo TD drivers side mount & gearbox mount (assuming this is the one under the battery tray) for £51.00 and £16.00.

Will these fit and do the prices seem OK?

Thanks.

Skoda Fabia vRS
they sound too cheap to me lol, be aware there are quite a lot of different mounts for different models, if thats all they have listed i wouldnt be buying them myself

the prices seem about right (that's about what i paid for those two from ECP - Clio mounts). there's still confusion about the differences between the Clio and Kangoo mounts - people who've got them don't seem to post to clarify how they might differ in construction (?) or materials.

could order them in and check them out for yourself (refund if they're unsuitable?), and post thoughts (lots would appreciate it!)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Just ordered. Should have them tomorrow evening.

I'll get some pictures up when they arrive.

If they're wrong, i'll send them back and order the full set from K-Tec.

Clio 172 cup
I heard the kangoo mounts are made of stronger rubber to cope with the extra load and torque of the diesel engine. Not sure how true that is mind.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
was just about to bump up an old post on this subject as my engine mount has snapped :(

let us know! :D

Yep I have a Kangoo engine mount on mine. As I've said previously I've got no data on if its stiffer/better/harder than a standard 172 mount - the only reason I chucked one on was that they were the same money and Diesel spec mounts are usualy a fair bit stronger than petrol mounts due to the torque produced and engine weight.

Cheers
M

nice one. they look similar (although not 100% on the underside of that gearbox mount - would have to look at my spare)

thing to do to see if they're any more useful than the Clio's mounts is to see how much stiffer the rubber might be. it'd be easier to do with the top mount - you're just seeing how much deflection there is in the bolt rising out of the main mount. problem, though, (as Icarus) is in finding something to compare it with - old Clio mounts will be softer than new ones. that said, if it feels considerably stiffer, could probably suggest that it does use a harder rubber compound. if i were local to you, i'd offer to pop round with some of the mounts i've got here:dapprove:

'92 172, Lotus Elise
sweet... what kangoo are they for?

reckon this is the same one (from gsf)

101RE0330 - ENGINE MOUNT (TOP) - KANGOO 1.4 8V 98>, KANGOO 1.6 16V 01>, KANGOO 1.9D 98> - 43.25

although it shows up as being the same as

101RE0330 - ENGINE MOUNT (TOP) - CLIO 2, 1.4/1.6 8V/16V 98>06; CLIO 2, 1.9D 98> - 43.25

so 50 quid inc vat (though you could probably get some club discount)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
nice one. they look similar (although not 100% on the underside of that gearbox mount - would have to look at my spare)

thing to do to see if they're any more useful than the Clio's mounts is to see how much stiffer the rubber might be. it'd be easier to do with the top mount - you're just seeing how much deflection there is in the bolt rising out of the main mount. problem, though, (as Icarus) is in finding something to compare it with - old Clio mounts will be softer than new ones. that said, if it feels considerably stiffer, could probably suggest that it does use a harder rubber compound. if i were local to you, i'd offer to pop round with some of the mounts i've got here:dapprove:

I'll be fitting them at the weekend along with a lower gearbox mount and poly' dog-bone so I'll test then and report back.

sweet... what kangoo are they for?

reckon this is the same one (from gsf)

101RE0330 - ENGINE MOUNT (TOP) - KANGOO 1.4 8V 98>, KANGOO 1.6 16V 01>, KANGOO 1.9D 98> - 43.25

although it shows up as being the same as

101RE0330 - ENGINE MOUNT (TOP) - CLIO 2, 1.4/1.6 8V/16V 98>06; CLIO 2, 1.9D 98> - 43.25

so 50 quid inc vat (though you could probably get some club discount)
It was listed as the Kangoo 1.9TD. Not sure if they're the same.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
any updates?
Not as yet mate.

The Guy I bought by polyurethane dog bone from on Ebay has decided it is OK to not actually send me anything. As soon as I get that resolved, I'll be fitting all 4 new mounts and posting results.

Not as yet mate.

The Guy I bought by polyurethane dog bone from on Ebay has decided it is OK to not actually send me anything. As soon as I get that resolved, I'll be fitting all 4 new mounts and posting results.

i think i could be having the same issue then to be honest! payment cleared a wk and half ago, still not rec'd anything!! not replying to messages now either.:mad:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
do just those two for the starters

we wanna know the difference
Time is precious my friend. I do desperately want to get them done but I don't have the time to do it in 2 stints.

i think i could be having the same issue then to be honest! payment cleared a wk and half ago, still not rec'd anything!! not replying to messages now either.:mad:
This Guy?: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....7246&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

I paid on the 15th. Not heard a bean since despite 3 emails.

I've escalated to a claim now and am going to buy from here as they're on 5 minutes away:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310120534108

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
yep thats the one. mite have to put a claim in now as i really could do with changing that mount. hate ebay sometimes.
Stick a claim in and buy from Larkspeed.

My last 2 Ebay purchases have resulted in claims. Knocks your confidence in the whole setup.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
yep thats the one. mite have to put a claim in now as i really could do with changing that mount. hate ebay sometimes.
Not sure if you've received one of these yet:

"Hi, i'm so sorry for not emailing sooner. I have honestly not seen any previous emails. These mounts were on order over 2 weeks ago, but when they failed to arrive on the specified date, we chased to find that Powerflex had never recieved our emailed order. They are pushing this order (and many more) through now and it should be with us in the next 48 hours.
Regards"