ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams and Exhaust manifold

53 Clio's & counting
After a few opinion, my new one has Schrick cams (280/288) and currently a 180 exhaust manifold with a Yozza sport cat.

Opinion please, what would be better, keeping the 182 manifold or going back to a 172 one?

I know all about the 182 suppoed to be better, but with regards to the cams id like a few opinions of anyone who may have run a car with both

Ta

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers Danny, I wasn't sure if the cams may have benefitted from the 172's design rather than the 182's, butiv not seen anything comparing the two

Ph1
What do you think of the drive with the Schrick cams Russ?

Can you notice a trade off anywhere in the rev range or do they pull well from low down right the way up? Any plans to put it on the rollers on its current spec ?

Golf GTD Mk7
+1

He's brought a set of of cams and got a free car + more lol!!

Basically :cool: Project thread name should be changed to something along those lines.

I'm suprised it's not running lumpy with standard management on it. So jealous. Clio bargain hunt FTW :D Going to have to start calling you David ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Andy - it pulls verry well, though a bit flat at lower revs - I think the map may need a bit of work, so it's going on the rollers to be checked, il let you know what I find :)Jonny - Cheers dude lol, the standard ecu is great bit of kit, very underrated, though as the map sensor must get some funny readings through such a large inlet im suprised it runs as smoothly as it does - im sure after a few more treaks it will be even better :)I just wanted to make sure sticking with the 182 manifold was the right choice with these cams, I thought it would but always worth getting others opinions :)

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah that looks right mate, though the only thing signifying it's for the F4R is it states RS - id double check with them before ordering

ITB'd MK1
Andy - it pulls verry well, though a bit flat at lower revs - I think the map may need a bit of work, so it's going on the rollers to be checked, il let you know what I find :)Jonny - Cheers dude lol, the standard ecu is great bit of kit, very underrated, though as the map sensor must get some funny readings through such a large inlet im suprised it runs as smoothly as it does - im sure after a few more treaks it will be even better :)I just wanted to make sure sticking with the 182 manifold was the right choice with these cams, I thought it would but always worth getting others opinions :)

you dont get the kind of overlap you would with for instance 421's which is why the stock ECU can cope with idle control

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have ED cams, they are 286, 280 and have a 182 mani. When first installed cams I had 172's. My impression is the manifold help torque low down as cams do trade off a bit low grunt. How ever, with the 4-1 it seemed to pull better at around 7000 rpm onwards, but I still prefer the 182's for daily driving, I raced a friend with same mods bar the mani and by 100 mph we were neck to neck but he was a few inches, or a nose ahead, so no real loss, and I do have an advantage when pulling in gear, but not by much either. It is more a feeling thing than anything else. And my car was remapped to suit the mani. About flatness, not much you can do

Renaultsport Clio 172
Forgot to mention, mine has had cat al the time, although a 182's. Have tried decay but is pointless. No real world difference.

Renaultsport 220T

Keep the 182 manifold 100%. These are awesome cams, just need the right person to sort out the mapping for you. They just pull hard from 3k all the way up to the limiter, in every gear. Sound good on idle too. :)

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers Steve, thats the only thing at the moment, it pulls well but flat at lower revs - im thinking a remap is needed

53 Clio's & counting
It was mapped when the cams were fitted, by Henk@ fastchip - one of his custom maps where you record a run through a gear, then e-mail him and he tweaks the map I believe.

Golf GTD Mk7
suppose it depends whether the guy returned the figures for henk to tweek after the initial custom was made. Live map would be better i'd imagine. Can't wait for my 421's to be mapped. 1 week to go :)

secret
I have 428 cams and wen they were put in i still had the 172 manifold on, i have now recently fitted a wrapped 182 manifold and found it to b a big difrence through the whole rev range so my opinion....stay with 182 mani :)

Ph1
Good excuse for a run up to Paul's mate ;)

Not many seem to run Schrick's probably due to the cost but the one's that have seem to make the figures. Wish i'd a gone for some

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah it's about time i pop back up to see him - wonder if we will randomly end up there at the same time again lol