ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Footage, worth it?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hooligan...

You know the roundabout at Hermiston Gait. For the second time in a month I came face to face with someone going anti-clockwise. They come out of the hotel and immediately turn left. Fuds. That second vid just reminded me of it.

Here's another one. I saw this coming so managed to move into the other lane!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last one for now...this car was overtaking on a blind left hander. There is no way he could have saw what was coming. :dead:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
theres no doubt that any decent claims department would use such footage to support their clients claim. I always instruct my claims handlers to look for CCTV footage for liability disputes etc.

even the cheaper ones would be worth while, ok you cant make out the reg' number but as long as the make and model of the car is visable then its worthwhile. ok if the other car doesnt stop then the lack of reg number is an issue, but the majority of the time both parties stop and exchange details then you just need to say the X colour car, make and model did xyz as per the camera.

SQ5
I borrowed one from work that my boss got given to test for his lorries.

It's got the Taiwan Excellence award do must be great :p

d92a3b70-16fe-6013.jpg

Sits just behind my rear view mirror and also has rear facing camera. Designed for taxis etc.... Unsure what make it is. Quality ain't bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btyuKMyxMR8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
I really want one of these. What are they called and where can I get one from?

I'd prefer the one that you can hard wire in to the ignition.

Tar

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Do they record sound as well?

If I ever have a crash, I dont want everyone at my insurers laughing because I am singing along to spicegirls

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I got mine from Dealextreme.com it's a dual camera (front & rear) so you get a view of people tailgating you or potentially hitting you in the rear (naughty).

It can film at 720p but I use the lower quality which keeps the 5 minute clips to below 80mb. The footage is captured in 2 different files (I put mine together in iMovie on my mac).

Front Camera:

7783794024_7f24d49fac.png
7783793486_4c7d4ec0a8.png

7783792602_0c9d34a3a0.png

The included power adapter couldn't take the twin camera power so I bought a PS3 charging
cable (3m in length) & 12v USB adapter instead.
7783793000_77520c62cd.png

Rear Camera...

7783792078_fdfe462b7f.png

Product link...

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/x6-2-0...rder-w-rearview-camera-tf-av-out-black-141488