ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber & Toe shims

TrackCar & F30 330d
From the wear of my R888's on the rear it looks like i have Positive camber :(

So where can i buy camber shims to bash a bit of negative camber on and get some toe out too?

What do your track sla*s use? as in how much negative and toe do you use to help turn in?

I did a little search but couldnt find where they are sold.

Mk2 172
From the wear of my R888's on the rear it looks like i have Positive camber :(

So where can i buy camber shims to bash a bit of negative camber on and get some toe out too?

What do your track sla*s use? as in how much negative and toe do you use to help turn in?

I did a little search but couldnt find where they are sold.

How u manage to wear them like that??
182's have almost 2 deg neg from standard on the rear!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sorry for the rubbish pictures, but as you can see the outer edge is worn and the inside edge isnt
DSC01940.gif

DSC01941.gif

Is this tyre wear normal?

Mk2 172
Maybe cos thats the outside edge which scrubs off when cornering. mine are the same pretty much. Need to do more miles on them and see what they start to look like with proper wear on them.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh ok, the tyres have only done a little bit of road driving and one trackday at bedford.

Where can you get camber shims from?

Mk2 172
Oh ok, the tyres have only done a little bit of road driving and one trackday at bedford.

Where can you get camber shims from?

do u want to run more camber or are u just worried about the settings u have now?
If ur concerned then go get it checked before u buy them as in theory youll need to know before u just bolt them in.
Cant remember where to get them from tbh. Do a search or ask D4ve on here :)
Heres his blog -
http://clio-motorsport.blogspot.com/

Mk2 172
Yozzasport can provide the shims, or I believe you can use washers.

Yeah u can use washers as im doing but you will need them fitting and playing around with while the car is being aligned :)
Id defo get the car checked before spending any money tho :) and wear those tyres in more :) let us know how u get on

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for all the help guys.
The race team i work for had a portable flat floor that we take to races. So next week when we'r at Castle Combe i'l find out how much camber and toe i have front and back with our gagues and then i'l maybe try the washer thing first :)

M

mini-valver

You'll probably find its toeing in. From memory I think our X85 had just over a mill either side with no shims in.

R-sport sell them but they're £20 each, I'm trying to blag some from John but he's having none of it. Drop me a PM when you've strung it up and tell me what you have toe/camber wise, then what you want and I'll get you a price on the shims you'll need.

TrackCar & F30 330d
You'll probably find its toeing in. From memory I think our X85 had just over a mill either side with no shims in.

R-sport sell them but they're £20 each, I'm trying to blag some from John but he's having none of it. Drop me a PM when you've strung it up and tell me what you have toe/camber wise, then what you want and I'll get you a price on the shims you'll need.

Thats excelent mate, thanks. I'l be in touch :)