ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber shims/spacers help

172 Cup
car is 172 cup I fitted my track wheels today and the tyres are rubbing on the coilover springs on the rear and close to touching on the front it's because the wheels are only a et42 offset so sit further in than the cup turinis the obvious answer is to get some 5mm spacers which I will do on the front but on the rear I was thinking about getting some camber shims as they seem to say they move the wheel out and give some camber on the rear aswell is this a good idea or should I just get spacers for all the wheels?

172 Cup
It's a road car but will do a few trackdays in just trying to work out what spacers I'll need as hubcentric ones are expensive but I don't want to run the risk of normal ones as I've heard horror stories about normal ones causing wheels to come off under hard cornering

Clio 2.0 16v 182
You won't find 5mm hubcentrics. Your standard bolts still reach with plenty of thread so there's no need for the extra support. The extra hub lip is for +10mm spacers. As for the camber shims I'd try before e buying. Get solid proof that they work with your set up before asking someone who's getting his compatibility info from a computer

172 Cup
You won't find 5mm hubcentrics. Your standard bolts still reach with plenty of thread so there's no need for the extra support. The extra hub lip is for +10mm spacers. As for the camber shims I'd try before e buying. Get solid proof that they work with your set up before asking someone who's getting his compatibility info from a computer
It's a bit confusing the whole hubcentric thing because some 5mm spacers claim to be hubcentric like these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161489584422
And others that are much cheaper don't claim to be like these http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301475861504
As far as I can tell there is no lip on the 5mm hubcentric spacers so the only difference is they have the centre cut to 60mm so is there any need to get the expensive ones or should I just get the cheaper universal ones?

dan's cast offs.
try something like these...

camberspacers_zpsc6a71186.jpg

Clio 2.0 16v 182
The 60mm centre bore not worth the extra money. Structurally, if it doesn't have the extended hub lip, it's not going to strain the bolts. You might as well buy the annoying little ripspeed shims you see in halfords chav ailse. As opposed to spending £10 extra for easier fitment

phase 1 flamer 172
I would think just adding camber will make the tyres even closer to the springs.

172 Cup
They look good but as has been suggested I think adding camber may actually make it worse so I have ordered some straight spacers