ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber results confusing me

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So I had - 1.00 left, - 0.38 right camber and - 0.06 left, - 0.08 right toe.

I've then put camber bolts on to the max but my garage with hunter system says I now have less camber( roughly - 0.38 a side ) and toeing in 0.17.

How is this possible? They did say setting the toe back to - 0.06 each side could give me more camber ?

Advice please, do they know what they are talking about?

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
changing the toe makes little to no difference to camber.

fitting eibach bolts properly should have changed your camber significantly, either you fitted them wrongly or its been measured wrongly.

Sprint 172
Back tracking to how you fitted them first… You put the tab facing inwards. Then rotated the bolt to adjust the camber - you will see the hub move accordingly. As it's maximum it should give 1.7 degrees. Make a note of the position of the arrow on the bolt head and do the same the other side. This will do until it can be adjusted with more accuracy.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ah ok I put the tab facing the wheel, so I need it facing the engine bay? They are eibach bolts I believe.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
That's made a difference, the passenger's side looks a bit wild! It made - 1.00 on standard bolts, on max camber what might I have?

Lionel Richie
-2.3 (which is 2.5 in english) is the most i've seen on stock shocks, but i don't use those washers as i feel they get in the way! (before you ramble on that you NEED them, several customer cars who race/sprint etc all have them "my way" without issue!)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Oh I've read that thread Fred! Ha ha, well it looks roughly equal using measurements from the top of the wheel to the arch. Tracking needed now, you can hear the scrub pulling in to my drive.