ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber... Castor... Hmmm

Just a quick one for any experts out there ;)

Ive just had a four wheel alignment done when getting my tracking checked and im a bit confused to the results...

Basically my front camber and castor is out by about -0.30 on both sides, could the fact im running 195/50/15 tyres have this effect or am i looking more at the possibility of worn suspension parts :confused:

i was thinking maybe its time for new shockers/dampners as ive had new balljoints and bearings so far... and nothing else looks to be worn badly!

Cheers in advance, Bri.

H22A7 Accord Type R

hmmmmm! Ive just had mine all done on a laser alignment, and my readings were -.3, same as yours, and thats after the alignment.. I have 195/50 tyres also..........i dont know a lot about it but i would say your running Spot on :) Rob

K-Tec camber correcting bolts will sort it out.

My valver was running an extra 1 negative degree after its was slammed and had the 16"s put on.

The bolts sorted it all out nicely.......

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the trouble with a 4 wheel allignment check is that the equipment is so sensitive.if you have no abnormal tyre wear,the vehicle handles ok and it drives straight then i wouldnt worry about it.

Cheers all, the suspensions fully standard!

I know what you mean jay, that 4-wheel alighnment doesnt quite seem all its cracked up to be. The car handles spot-on, theres the slightest tram-lineing but im sure thats down to the tyres as it never did it when it was on 185/55/15s

Ah well, ive virtually got my steeringwheel straight now... :D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the one weve got at work is so bloody sensitive it just f**ks you off.basically as a rule if a few of the angles are only slightly out but the car drives fine then id say its ok.sometimes you could put a brand new car on the machine and it would still say something is out of allignment.also the machine is only as good as the person who sets it up and operates it,isnt it?