ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt snapped, mods to do while I'm at it?

172 Cup
Hey,
My cambelt snapped a couple of days ago (garage I brought it from said it was done and obviously not) so obviously need to take the head off to get at the valves ect ect.
I hate spending loads of money on something when it's going to be exactly the same as before so does anyone know of anything I can do for abit more (£100-£200) that is really worth doing to a 1.2 8v?

Cheers
Rob

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lesson learnt.. Check the history properly !

Would it be much cheaper to put a new engine in instead ?!

You could buy new cams and pets pretend they give you 20% more power... That's still only going to be SLOW.

Don't bother !

172 Cup
When I'm looking at about £4500 to insure a 172 I think it's out of the question getting a 2l dropped in

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Good solid engine, well worth fixing, but honestly don't try to mod it. At the most get compression raised with a head skim that you should do anyway.

Golf GTD Mk7
Not worth doing anything extra to mate. Would you be doing the work yourself? If so, just get it up and running again, but if you have to get someone to do it for you, i'd imagine it will cost more than the car??