ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change at 5,000 miles? My Clio No5

197 Albi S11AND
After owning 4 previous clios im back in another!

1:Clio 1.2 8v MTV 2000 (no pics)
2:Clio 1.2 16v Billabong 2003
3:Clio 172 CUP 2002
4:Clio 172 Ph1 2000
5:Clio 172 ph2 2003

I was looking for a new car trawling through piston heads looking for a Cup and could'nt resist the car due to the Mileage and Condition, The car is a 53 plate 172 in Iceburg a call later and a viewing and it was mine!

Mileage 15,700

1st Mot was at 2008 Miles
2nd Mot was at 2025 Miles
3rd Mot was at 5366 Miles
4th Mo was at 15189 Miles (Current)

Has full service History and has a full stamped book being serviced at 1165 Miles, 1996 Miles, 4329 Miles and at 5380 which it it had its cambelt changed in October 2009! Basically the story of the car was it was a one lady owner from new who used it to potter around in as a 2nd car.The guy i purchased it from bought it last october and had the cambelt changed and has put 10,000 miles on it and now its in my ownership! Has a full Hpi check and the mileage verified with Vosa on mots and the Dealer Servicing the car and is Genuine!
The car is Standard apart from 40mm lowering springs

Mike

Pics

IMGP0715.jpg

IMGP0717.jpg

IMGP0718.jpg

IMGP0720.jpg

IMGP0723.jpg

IMGP0724.jpg

IMGP0732.jpg

clio1.jpg

Pics of 4 of my Clios iv owned Sorry for poor pics!

Comments Welcome

Awesome!

I had the chance to buy a 172 Cup with 15k miles on it but was £1000 more than the one I bought and hadn't had the belts done. Still kinda regret not going for it!

197 Albi S11AND
Cheers Guys, Comments appreicated was worried about spending a little bit more on something as you see 172s alot cheaper! Not goona reveal the price but iv been offered more in px valuation at Main dealer! was a Bargain!

Danny_172: Good spot on the tints not a fan myself but there only slight tinest amount id be more worried damaging the glass removing them!

Atouba: Some serious miles will be done im currently on a 6 month driving ban ends the 10th of September at 2am the ferry crossing is booked and im of to the Nurburgring missed 2 trips already being banned with my mates!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mike most reputible tint companies take tints off with good care, the glass will be fine if you really want them off mate

b/g 182, meg tourer
great find! just need to remove the tints.
i removed the tints on mine a few months back. all it took was a couple of sharp stanley blades, a hairdryer, a cloth, some white spirit, glass cleaner and some patience. the glass and heating elements were not damaged at all and the car looks 10x better imo.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Seriously good find.

If that's been pottered about in all its life, I bet that needs a few miles of gently thrashing the hell out of it (once nice and warm!!) to clear the cobwebs out and bed the piston rings in a little haha !

Why do people buy cars like this to do 2k miles a year in ?!

Ph1 172.
Seriously good find.

If that's been pottered about in all its life, I bet that needs a few miles of gently thrashing the hell out of it (once nice and warm!!) to clear the cobwebs out and bed the piston rings in a little haha !

Why do people buy cars like this to do 2k miles a year in ?!

The lady owner did only 5500 odd miles in it before selling it. The lady did 17 miles in it between, what I'm guessing was, the 2006 and 2007 MOT.

It was the owner who got it last year that put 10000 of those miles on it!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks mint!

If the cambelt thing was genuine question it's cos it's 5 years old. I test drove a 51 plate 172 with 11k on 2 years ago. Can't believe people don't drive the cars.