ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt and Auxbelt Advice...

ClioSport 172
Basically neither have been done on my 53 plate 172 yet... but she's only done 34k

Renault say you should change them at 72k or 5 years whichever is sooner yeah? But on her 5th birthday she's not going to have even made 40k on the clock & I imagine these guides are set for 72k & say 5 years if maybe your cars done say 60k! But because i'm way behind on mileage terms can I wait a bit longer, till shes done at least 50k, or do I do the 5 year birthday like Renault say?

I've had advice from mates & the majority say wait a while, but well none of them own clios!

What do you reckon? She's having a 36k service soon ish, which is just the oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, pollen filter & gear box oil x

Similar to my thread really....I'd get them changed; it's not just the mileage but the fact that the belts can wear and degrade over time, being as they are partly (or mostly) made from rubber.

ITB'd MK1
Basically neither have been done on my 53 plate 172 yet... but she's only done 34k

Renault say you should change them at 72k or 5 years whichever is sooner yeah? But on her 5th birthday she's not going to have even made 40k on the clock & I imagine these guides are set for 72k & say 5 years if maybe your cars done say 60k! But because i'm way behind on mileage terms can I wait a bit longer, till shes done at least 50k, or do I do the 5 year birthday like Renault say?

I've had advice from mates & the majority say wait a while, but well none of them own clios!

do it at 5 years at the latest regardless of milage. No exceptions

What do you reckon? She's having a 36k service soon ish, which is just the oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, pollen filter & gear box oil x

36k includes the aux belt, but that should have been done at 3 years (depends who you ask). I would do both the cam belt and aux belt together NOW