ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CALLING ALL HANKOOK V12 USERS

Weeman sucks ****
What are the sidewalls like on this tyre? Are they soft like t1r's?

I get the imression they're a good tyre. Thoughts and comments please

Stripped yozza'd cup
Great tyre. Sidewalls are about the same as the PE2's that I had before. Grip is superb, wet or dry. Very progressive when they do let go, no snappiness.

a thirsty one
I would say softer than pe2 that's just my opinions, better grip than the pirelli p zeros I just took off all round, feel quite like the yoko parada spec2 I had once. For a road tyre they are fine.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Sidewalls are very soft. I don't like the tyres and I'm replacing then soon hopefully!

Weeman sucks ****
Interesting to hear. I'm using toyo t1r's at the minute, the only reason i put them on was for an mot and they are cheap...horrible tyre, almost dangerous!

What else is there about for 195/50/15?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Interesting to hear. I'm using toyo t1r's at the minute, the only reason i put them on was for an mot and they are cheap...horrible tyre, almost dangerous!

What else is there about for 195/50/15?

Apparently they're very funny with pressures? What do you have in them?

There's plenty of tyres in 195/50/15

Impreza Wagon
Ive just fitted some V12's and they seem great compared to the Michelins I had on previously. Ive not really given it much stick so can't comment on them that much but the sidewalls do seem a bit soft but this could be down to pressures.

For an all round road tyre I think they're great for the price :)

172cup/ insignia
i am using t1rs and they grips like a mother f****r round the round abouts near me hit them at 50-60 and strill grips my old car would of gone straight foward

Laguna sport tourer
i had v12's on the 182 the sidewalls were softer compared to the pe2's i had on previous but not to soft, they also give a marginally better ride imo

Weeman sucks ****
the t1'rs grip but there's so much movement from the sidewalls. i've tried 31-34 in the fronts and similar at the rears, just not a fan.

i might get pe2's as they're still available in 195/50/15. i had them before on the 16's and can't fault them other than the price (hence buying some 15's). plus i want the flexibilty to get 888's or similar as and when i get back on track.

a thirsty one
Agree about tyre pressures I used to run the tears slightly lower. Front 33 rear 30 but on the hankook 32 all round.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
the t1'rs grip but there's so much movement from the sidewalls. i've tried 31-34 in the fronts and similar at the rears, just not a fan.

I ran a set of 195 T1Rs on track for the first time this afternoon at Goodwood today. This was having spent the morning on a set of soft compound Yoko A032s.

The initial squirming from them was quite alarming, but once I'd got used to it, I could place the car accurately and was getting my 100 mph overspeed beep down each straight at the same point I did on the 32s.

So that's same exit speeds from a set of squidgy hard road tyres, lap after lap after lap.

After today, I personally think T1Rs are brilliant.

Flame red 172
Sorry to thread hijack, but I am looking to buy these tyres (V12's) as an alternative to the Exalto PE2's I have at the moment.

The only thing that puts me off is that on blackcircles, they specifically say its a summer only tyre and not really intended for the cold in the winter.

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/hankook/ventus-v12-evo

Now, i'm not exactly going to be racing around in the winter, but my clio is not garaged so during the winter, its going to be standing/driven in the cold/wet/ice etc.. would this be a problem?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i use these tyres and they are very good, look at this link with reviews on http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hankook/Ventus-V12-evo-k110.htm

one review from the page

Given 79% (breakdown) while driving a MG ZR (205-45-17-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles

Fitted these earlier in the year. Much quieter than the previous Conti SP 2's. These are great in the dry and wet, came into their own during the recent snowy conditions. I couldn't take the car out in the snow with the Continentals fitted. These felt very stable in the ice, snow and slush.

tyre reviewed on December 14, 2010

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a set of Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 for my 54 plate Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v. Looking on Blackcircles I've found a set with the same sizes as the tyres currently on the car: 185/55 R15 V (82)

However, for the same price I can also get Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115. My question is, now I appreciate this may be daft but just wanted confirmation, the Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115 come in 185/55 R15 V (86) Does the '(86)' mean anything significant? Would these fit ok? Sorry if it is a totally stupid question just wanted to double check.

Thanks.

It's the load rating for the tyre.

82 - 475kg
86 - 530kg

Can't see that it would do any harm to have a higher load rating, but not sure.

I've got V12's on mine, and just done a tour of Europe on them. There wasn't one bit of road where they didn't feel grippy or felt like they wanted to let go! Even done the 'ring on them.

For the money i think you'll struggle to find better!

Milltek'd clio 182
i purchased a set of four about 3 months ago, my first impression is that they car seems to bounce over bumps and un even roads, quite hard to describe. Overall these tyres have brilliant grip in the dry and are excellent in the wet. i do reccommend these to anyone.