ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing climate sensor...how to clean it or any fix tricks?

Megane RS 250
I change it when I bought the car a few years ago...now it started buzzing again.
I removed, cleaned with a toothbrush, tapped, sprayed it with air and with wd40...no results.
I guess I just need a new one?
The sad thing is, if I could fit it turned 90° or 180° on the curved pipe, it would be solved as it buzz only in one position.

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
buy a louder exhaust :p..

I only notice mine when the ignition is turned and before the engine is started

Megane RS 250
If you remove no more climate...
I just ordere a new one...not cheap at 40 euros I hope it last at least 3 years...

Liquid Yellow R27
I have this problem as well. Unless I can pick one up fairly cheap I probably won't bother getting a new one and just try ignore it.

Megane RS 250
Try to clean it up tapping it, with compresed air and grease or wd40...if it keeps buzzing there's nothing you can do.

clio sport 172 mk2
If you remove the sensor then is it just the auto climate control you loose or do also loose manual temperature changes ? I am happy with just manually changing the temperature so would prefer to remove it to get rid of my buzzing. One trick could be to just remove the fan part and not the whole sensor if the sensor is vital anyone tried that?

PB172,dci100,dci65
so...just broke the little tube when trying to dissasseble it...LOL.
I tried to divide it into parts where it was not meant to be divided...
So just a quick question...the new one comes in one piece with the wiring and plug?

I am going to test how it work without the fan...the sensor is fine, so I just remove the rotating stuff so it stays calm, maybe adjust the sensor a bit so it is closer to the interior.

PH2 172 & 182
i'd be interested to know if it still works okay without the fan. mine is completely silent if it is just left dangling off the wire, it only makes a noise when its fitted in place. no amounts of foam dampen the vibration out

PB172,dci100,dci65
i think it will, the fan it there just to move the air to the sensor (the little stuff in the tube), will let you know in an hour or so.

PB172,dci100,dci65
it works fine...I took a ride, watched the values on the laptop...dont connect the two "legs" of the sensor..it thinks its -64 degrees celsius...so will cook you:).
It reacts when I opened the window (here is -4 outside).
So if you just dissasseble it and take out the rotor of the fan and than put back the tube on its place without the rotor should be fine. Just dissassemble it the correct way...from the bottom. I had to melt my back together where I broke it.
Of couse it will react a bit slower without the fan, but I like the silence more.

Another sollution would be like its on my dci100 with climate control...no fan just the sensor is on the bottom of the roof panel, like here
1234.jpg4321.JPG
I leave it the way it is, if will be good in hot summer days too than I am satisfied :)