ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying new sub is this any good?

Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah mate, they aren't so bad as a starter set. My friend has some in his car was pretty suprised how they weren't so bad. You get what you pay for, how much are looking to spend on sub and amp?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I got a Fli Trap 10.

I'll keep it simple, if you're not planning on spending a small fortune doing your car stereo, this will do fine. I bought a £200 alpine head unit. Not sure what volume it goes up to, but with the Trap10, some Infinity mid bass speakers, and JBL (£30 from halfords) 2 ways in the rear, it goes to volume 20 with MX enabled before it starts distorting.

Way too loud for normal listening in my opinion, so yes, unless you're going to shows to look like a t**t, or like annoying the police in random car parks then it'll do just fine at improving your sound stage.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Amping is time and effort.

Depends how far you want to take things.

I think the tweeters in the front are ample for any volumes you'd normally listen to. Just get some good mids for the front, better 2 ways for the rear (so it's not completely obvious all the sound is coming from the front), and a cheap sub.

Get a good head unit and it'll get the best out of all of the above.

Chav Rocket
to be honest id go for some decent components in the front and a good paid of 6x9s and amp them up.......

seconded. amping may seem long and expensive but in my opnion when yuo budget for speakers budget for a good amp at the same time (and a wiring kit :)).