ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPhone 4

S2000 + E91 330D
I'm looking at buying an iphone 4. I have a iphone 3g with o2, contract ran out, so just paying sim only £15 pm. Just wondering if i could go into apple and buy a iphone 4 that will accept o2 sim? Or do i have to go through o2 ?

S2000 + E91 330D
Ah right, so can I go to apple, get the phone, then go down to o2 and get a micro sim? Or am I missing something.. lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
I bought my first iphone on Thursday night - have hardly put it down lol :eek:

4, 32gb
Took it to Vodafone for the microsim as I still have a few months contract left and they set it up there & then :cool:

Mini Cooper S
If you can, wait until June. They'll probably release a new iPhone, might as well wait!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
why do people still get iPhone 4's when there are clearly much better phones on the market?

serios question, not just trolling as i'm an apple fanboi anyway

Megane 225 F1
IMO I would rather have the android OS. I'm running the 2.3.2 version. I find that there is so much more that you can customise than the iPhone but only once you learn how. Out of the box the iPhone is the easier phone to use, but once you get used to it, the Android is more user friendly and fun to use.

I do miss the iPod part of the iPhone though :(

LY R26 #288
I want an iPhone 4 also, but my contract doesn't end untill January :(

I would buy one but I'm thinking it might be more sensible to wait and get the 5!.

On another note, I have an N97 mini at the moment. My past two phones have been Nokias, and I gotta say I'm getting really pissed with how slow the software is!.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have a 3GS and have no desire at all to get a 4, but will have to see what the 5 brings in june or whenever it is :)

LY R26 #288
I actually preferred the look of the 3 when the 4 first came out. But now the 4 has grown on me.

lucky you, I don't think I'd be able to stop myself if I was you. :p

Temptation is getting the better of me tbh... If I can sell my Blackberry for a decent price, then ill go for it.
Tbf, if I got a 4 now and then the 5 turns out to be in another world, I can always sell it for a small loss and buy a 5 outright lol

LY R26 #288
I like your thinking lol. You have a good point. My mum and brother both have the 4 and its so much nicer to use than my Nokia!.

Z4 Coupe
Ive had my iphone 4 since July and i love it! Wouldnt swap it for anything! Gave my iphone 3G to the mrs but its really slow for some reason and she's getting fed up with it and wants a 4! Ever since i updated it to the 4 software its been incredibly slow! Very frustrating! Might sell it:evil:

I like your thinking lol. You have a good point. My mum and brother both have the 4 and its so much nicer to use than my Nokia!.

Yup, it's a good plan. Also, if I get that, I can also sell my iPod Classic 160GB, which im guessing could claim back a few snoops ;) £150ish?? Not sure what it's worth.

Ive just rung O2 about an upgrade. Their tariffs are terrible compared to the Tesco Mobile one. They cant even match the price, even if I went onto a longer contract.

Might just go with their 12 month deal and get rid of all this temptation.

£130ish mebbe for the Classic.

I wouldn't upgrade at this stage. Whatever the rumours TBH. There might be an iPhone in June. It might be Sept. Nobody (that will say) knows for sure. So it's conjecture. A few things do point to a later release though.

Depends how much you hate your current phone. Don't bank of the 4 going down in price if you wait until the 5 comes out anyway. I'd wait and see what WWDC brings. If no new phone appears, wait until the fall for the iPod event :p

Sound. I dont hate my BB. Im just an Apple fanboy, that should have never got rid of his old iPhone. Regretted it ever since. I need an iPhone in my life again.

September is too long for me to wait ;) . June is doable, but im an impatient bass. Even if I got a 4 and the 5 turns out to be amazing, I could sell on the 4 and buy a 5, for a small loss.

Never above 25mpg
Sold my iPhone 4 16Gb last Thursday and by the weekend I was missing it so much I bought a 32Gb last night locally.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
The 4 never grew on me as such, hope I like the 5 tho, tbf the 2g is still a better phone than most other current phones imo

Never above 25mpg
The 4 never grew on me as such, hope I like the 5 tho, tbf the 2g is still a better phone than most other current phones imo

It didn't to me at first but I could not have gone back to the older shape with the slower hardware and poorer screen!

Dad has just got a Nokia C7 and it's diabolical.

can I please ask a nooooob question :)

coming from being a blackberry user for the last 4 years, im considering an iphone.

I have 2 email accounts running on my blackberry, that does the job nicely, the emails come through automatically, and still appear on my Outlook when I turn that on.

Does the same happen with the iphone emails?

Emails are one of the most important parts of my phone from a business point of view.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep, more or less the same except the interface is way better on iPhone.

I have four accounts linked to mine.