ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Business card design feedback

Howdy chaps,

Need a bit of feedback about my business card design. I'm going to really push my studio portrait photography, get loads of experience etc.....but I'll need some cards!

I came up with this, it sticks to my website design philosophy....clean and simple.

Screen-shot-2011-07-07-at-2013.jpg

(Phone number blurred just for the net!)

I quite like the idea of the QR code. Try it and see what happens, and please let me know if it works for you guys!

Thanks

Well my thinking on the QR code was this:

On the front of the card is all of the info anybody will need. So I could have a pure white backing and the card still does what it's meant to.

The QR code is just an easy way of getting that info into peoples phone, and loads of people have a smartphone capable of reading it, and they can email me direct from it, add me to their contacts or call me.

If I give it to someone who has no idea what it is, they'll ignore it, but they still have all the info on the front of the card.

If it was me, I'd leave the QR code - but link it to your website. Then on the other side, just put your name.

People would either be intrigued to see what it is, then be impressed by your site and photos and boom, another happy customer. Or just bin it, not knowing what a QR code is.

I'd take the risk though. Minimalism innit.

I think they look toooo simple. Almost like you had them done at a train station or something. Someone who has seen your work will know how good you are but if I went and gave that card to someone now, who didn't know your work, it's not really enticing IMO.

How about something like this..

danscards.png

Moo will print them for you like that. Do a few different colours. That match various images. You need to stand out with such a creative field.

Thanks for taking the time Dan,

I really didn't want to include photos themselves, mainly because as I'm improving, I constantly think my older photos are pants - but they would still be on the cards.

I know what you mean by too simple. I'll see what I can do to jazz them up a bit ;)

182 Cup
I agree with Revels - too minimalist for me, a photographer (unless you're as famous as David Bailey) needs some imagery on a business card. A clean and simple shot of clouds in the sky or the like could still keep the card looking minimalist.

Have you thought about what the card is to be made from? Plastic business cards can ooze quality and should be much less likely to be discarded - even if someone keeps it as an ice scraper for a year you could still end up with some business out of it one day.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
i have a QR code on my cards that take you to a lighter mobile version of my website. the web address is also printed on with the rest of my details incase you're at the computer and want to access the full version.

i like it the idea really and it seems to be a bit of a hit with people who use their mobiles for EVERYTHING!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I actually don't mind the initial design, but I can 100% see where everyone is coming from what with you being a 'tog and all that, it probably could do with being incoporated.

If you are going to go for the top one, make sure the QR tag is 100000% central on the card and is smaller than that.

182cup & 172 racecar
What the fukc is a QR code?I would say you will loose half you market place if you use this.May sound and look COOL to you youngsters,but??

RIP Dan
That QR code is a good idea, pain in the arse to type all the contact s**t in.

Might steal it for mine.

Easy to do Dan?

RIP Dan
Cheers Dan, it worked OK btw. Said Dan freeman is gay....that's right isnt it?

Sorry I'm a childish t**t.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I know it should be in the patterny thing, but...surely you need your 'trading' address on there somewhere? I've collected a fair few business cards in my time, from big corporate types to small independent sole traders, and I've never had one without a postal address.

If there wasn't one, I'd think, how the f*** do I find this guy if the contract/deal goes tits up? All I've got is his mobile no. and email, and he might not respond to any either those...

One other thing...your mobile number is 12345 678 910 in format? Not something stupid like 1234 567 8910?

Cupra
I like the shiny writing. I am not 100% on the different font for the "Captured" and the rest of the text.

I used cheapo vistaprint for mine and have been spammed daily ever since.

I use them to give out my contact info when I am at events or after doing a job with somebody, not as advertising, so was not too fussed on including images on them.

BC_f.jpg

BC_b.jpg

mercedez
Your business Card looks excellent. I got the similar one just recently done from CardsMadeEasy. If you want to check out, go to their website http://www.cardsmadeeasy.com

I found the service excellent. :D

I would suggest go for the QR code that will straight away will take people to your website.

Some nice ones there, but I can't help but notice how many of them have a website and are using a gmail address. :dead:

I like the QR code idea, we use them at work and they are very handy!!

Tricky to find a medium between minimalist and showing off your work on such a small space!!

Funny you should bump this Gray, they arrived today from Moo :)

I'll post a pic up later, I changed the design a bit and ditched the QR code....for reasons you'll see why :)

clio 182 black /gold
Does the QR code work? Or is it my phone not playing? I have scanned it but it just says loading for ages and does nothing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
RFID business cards are where its at. nobody can use them yet!

Still keeps to the clean and simple philosophy, but it looks much better than my original crap design lol!

I quite like having a sort of portfolio in your pocket. When I have new and better images I can order a new batch with the same design, but new images on the back....Simple :)

White clique
Thing with QR codes is that they wont work for everyone, as not everyones phone can use them. You are therefore probably excluding 60% or people who you'd give it to. It looks flash, but if i was given one i would be able to do anything with it.

^That's one reason why I din't bother with it. You either know what it is, or you don't, and if you don't know what it is you're not going to do anything with it.