ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bushes....Standard vs Aftermarket

PH1 172
Hi guys, my clio is getting on a bit now and I think it is time it needs a bit of a refresh, It's on 94k at the mo. I was just wondering weather it would be worth upgrading at the same time, i have already got a powerflex dogbone to go on.

I'll have my Whiteline ARB this week hopefully too, Just want to get it back to somewhere it was like when it rolled out of the factory if not better without spending big ££££

Mk2 172 Cup
If you budget can allow it get poly bushes but you should see a big improvement replacing all your bushes for standard if they are worn

PH1 172
Budget ain't a problem. But I drive the car as a daily so I'd need to think about vibration? Would there be much if I poly bushed the front end?

Budget ain't a problem. But I drive the car as a daily so I'd need to think about vibration? Would there be much if I poly bushed the front end?

Leave it standard, full refresh will make it feel like a new car ARB, bottom arms, steering rack the only place I'd poly bush is the gear box dog bone link, engine mounts standard as well if you need them.

Regards Russ.......

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Powerflex wishbone bushes are terrible!!! I've got them all on mine and going to be changed back to standard ASAP!!

Lots of Alfas
The powerflex yellow dogbone mount is not too bad for the ph1, I hardly get any vibration with mine. The purple and black versions cause a lot more vibration in my experience.

You may benefit more with powerflex steering rack mounts, and inspect track rod ends and ball joints for play, new ones make a world of difference to steering feel.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
On mine I've got standard wishbone and steering rack bushes, solid top mounts, Vibratechnics engine mounts and a yellow Powerflex dogbone mount.

Its perfect, nice to drive with no vibrations.

Clio 172 Cup
I have a vibratechnic top engine mount and it's a bit vibratey

Nice than the previous top engine mounts i previously had!

Also have a powerflex dogbone mount, but standard gearbox mount