ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Forgot I took both hands off the wheel to tighten belts:eek: I reckon I would have had Russ if it hadn't stepped out on me.
You had a good clean battle with Dyball,and did well to keep the Honda behind for as long as possble.
Would have been closer to Russ,got held up in the pit out lane a little,decided to overtake him anyway because it's so wide.
Good day really,3rd was a bonus.

182cup & 172 racecar
Just about to leave in an hour,to set up camp Burpspeed and catch the end of testing.
Going to be a glorious weekend.

Ok, the engine let go but theres so many positives to gain....

the car is bloody competitive, against ex BTCC cars come on ex BTCC!!! you did so well....

now the seasons over you can strip her down and spend some time and hopefully a few pennies on her. Id think carefully about your engine and who builds you/advises on it, they get the s**t kicked out of them and they need to last whilst running good power, with the airbox and other mods it will only help... cams, mapping, etc, etc it will fly. If you can keep with the front touring cars with an engine dying then think what you'll do fresh.

like i said bar the end of quali i only got to see tony at race pace and his skill and ability goes without saying but jay has come on so much, you will both be a force next year (if you are allowed back in ;))

MASSIVE thankyou for the hospitality today too, sorry we all gatecrashed and stuff but thats the norfbest way, only had nothing for support and about 10 of us flew down cascades when we thought you'd binned it. glad it wasn't heavier, poor driving skills from the VTS.

I'm not apologising for the post race stuff mind, thought about it and that sloppy fat lezza was bang out. If she had the decency to speak to us as equals then NONE of us would have reacted like we we did, got so much time for marshalls but when we all went to help push a car back into paddock that was in short 'dumped' its not right... as i'm sure you'll understand lads christ all we did was mock her jokingly then move on ASAP...

welldone again though chaps, professional setup, attitude and driving. Alot to look forward too.

DCi 100
Can only echo what Naith as said really. Great day out, very nice to meet the Burpspeed gang and that chocolate cake was amazing!

Will definatly try and get down to another race earlier next year and look forward to reading up on any changes on the car over winter.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Shame about the engine guys, but you can hold your heads up high! A great improvement over last season, and i'm sure there is plenty more to come from the car when its all sorted! All the best guys.

M135i and the shed
As per what Naith said really. Great guys and great hospitality.

In a strange way, the engine failure couldn't happened at a better time. Better to happen on the last race of the season and have all winter to ponder your options, than for it to happen start of or mid season and have to rush something together.