ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
I am now fighting with myself whether or not to take big burp out for Brands.
Seeing it sat on the trailer, it's so tempting, realistically I haven't got the time to sort all the little bits out, plus I would suspect it'll scare the s**t out of me to start with, mmm.

Renault Clio 172
I am now fighting with myself whether or not to take big burp out for Brands.
Seeing it sat on the trailer, it's so tempting, realistically I haven't got the time to sort all the little bits out, plus I would suspect it'll scare the s**t out of me to start with, mmm.
Go on, you have to! obviously after you've clean it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol.
I haven't got any spare time, like 7 days to strip everything and get it to a point that it'll be worth taking out.

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks for offer James, but we are working dawn till dusk Mon - Tues, doing aeration, dressing etc etc on the greens.
Time is short ad we gave have a massive charity day on Friday, and I won't be there!

182cup & 172 racecar
This weekend we have all been out for a little play in Clarkey's backyard, Brands Hatch.

Very eventful day so far, quali my NEW driveshaft broke, a big thankyou to Russ Thomson for going to a local euro car parts for me.

Got that fixed just in time for race 1.
After a nasty smash on the start line, we carried on with a re start.

Half a lap in, the gear lever comes off in my hand around Druids. Now I like a challange, but come on!

On the grass, I now see the plastic cap thingy has popped off, pushed it back on, and we have gears. Off I set half a lap behind.

Only thing I could do was go for fastest lap for class D. This I managed in the 7 laps we completed. Happy days.

Race 2 will be fun, starting from the back.
Look out, here I come.

Race 2 was an all out attack, passed 16 cars in the end, finished 12, plus got into the 59's. Lost a headlight lense and a wing mirror cover, but it was worth it.

All in all, a good day, clean racing by all and everybody went home happy.
Tric Trophy rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar
It was Andy, last time I had so much fun, was at Cadwell, after I span on the 1st lap and ended up last.
I think that was a 3rd place overall in the end

182cup & 172 racecar
Anybody got a drive shaft?
2015%20Brands%20Tricolore%20Practice%20230_zps4pyqysk8.jpg

Found one. Thanks Dinger and Russ.

2015%20Brands%20Tricolore%20Race%201%2097_zpsmgmtu2ht.jpg

Get in there.

2015%20Brands%20Tricolore%20Race%201%2007_zpsiwegplsi.jpg

I seem to have been in the wars a little, never mind.:grinning::grinning:
2015%20Brands%20Tricolore%20Race%202%20189_zpsfluvjcdw.jpg

Clio 182 Race Car
I had a pair of driveshafts in the lorry - came off an old 106 stockhatch that somebody stole off me - why didn't you ask?

Good stuff. Didn't stop around to see race 2 but it sounds like fun!

Nice to see people helping out to get you going again after quali as well.

We did have a walk around the paddock at lunch time, but you looked like you had your hands full so didn't stop to chat.